My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I stated in another thread, I think that Rob's Engine hoist solves my problem. I need a tractor that is capable of doing the following:

1. Set the & Iron Deck in a vertical position
  2. Provide some mobility

Last week I started a tread about Boom Poles where I attempted to get some information about boom poles in general. I wish to thank every one of you who posted to that thread. Your posts did make a difference.

Here is what I found out:
  1. 7 Iron Decks are heavy.
  2. You cannot do the job of cleaning one with out some help
  3. Not very many people own a 7 Iron Deck at this time
  4. And you must be very carefull when rigging the boom pole.

So where do I go from here? I went down to the local Big R store and bought the last one they had. Paid $108.00 and tax for it. The sun came out for awhile this morning so I hurried to take some pictures. The first one shows the tractor with the boom pole mounted.

The second picture shows the x728 at work. Notice how the Lawn Mower is Perpendicular to the ground! Also Notice that I can drive the tractor any place I want to! It would appear to me that tihs boom pole is just what I needed. I also learned a great deal abour rigging the pole to do a job. In particular, Chain is a common thing on a farm but most people don't know how it works.

I realise that everyone does the job in a manner and with the tools they have. I amd just trying to fill a gap here. I can answer any questions you may have about my new boom pole so don't be bashfull

Jerry

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Can you take a close up shot of the back attached to your 3pt? With your weights up front will the front end come off the ground when you raise the 3pt up with the deck attached? I like your idea for cleaning.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Looks great Jerry. That should make cleaning the 7-Iron a lot easier and moving a lot of things possible. Definitely a nice addition and for a reasonable price too!

:thanku:for sharing.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you take a close up shot of the back attached to your 3pt? With your weights up front will the front end come off the ground when you raise the 3pt up with the deck attached? I like your idea for cleaning.
The tractor did not begin to lift the front wheels. The 7 Iron Deck only weighs 307.5Lbs I hope this helps. I will take some more pictures as soon as the sun shins again.

Jerry

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great Jerry. That should make cleaning the 7-Iron a lot easier and moving a lot of things possible. Definitely a nice addition and for a reasonable price too!

:thanku:for sharing.
The price was right! Let you know when I find something else that needs lifting. :fing32:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
That's a great idea, much easier getting under that sucker. I have the 54 inch deck, not nearly as large but it is still very heavy.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Looks like that will do it, great job Jerry. :thThumbsU

I was worried about the front end lifting and am glad to hear you didn't have any problems with it. Can you give us the make and model of that boom pole? :thanku:

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,430 Posts
Now there is a nice solution and another great way to use your X728!!!!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like that will do it, great job Jerry. :thThumbsU

I was worried about the front end lifting and am glad to hear you didn't have any problems with it. Can you give us the make and model of that boom pole? :thanku:
The web page for this one is here.

This is a web site for the exact model I purchased.

They do have a distribution site in CO if that would be helpfull.

Jerry

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
The web page for this one is here.

This is a web site for the exact model I purchased.

They do have a distribution site in CO if that would be helpfull.

Jerry
:thanku: Jerry. I have a Big R store about 35 miles away. I'm going to have to really think about getting one seeing your results.

Edit - just used their store locator and the Farm and Ranch store I usually go to is a dealer for them. :trink39:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Hi Jerry,

What is that bar on the side of your tractor for?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
The mounting bracket for the manual chute rotation cable handle for his 47" Snow blower (I think)...
:thanku: Peter, that is probably it. :fing32:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looking good and glad to hear it's working out for you. slkpk

1 - 20 of 53 Posts