My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,093 Posts
Nice work Rob. Soil sure looks good, I don't think I see a single rock in your garden. Very different than here on my hill top. And, of course, the tractor looks great too.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Your tractor in dirt yikes

·
Gear Driver
332 Posts
Looks like a great job/day to me :thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
16,674 Posts
Well rob that will be me tomorrow Plowed My Garden on Sunday and today and Put the Hydraulic tiller On tomorrow on the X485 and Go till as Much as I can since I have 3 acres to do at my place:thThumbsU

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice work Rob. Soil sure looks good, I don't think I see a single rock in your garden. Very different than here on my hill top. And, of course, the tractor looks great too.
I till up a good sized rock once in a while, I tilled up a square piece of steel today, its pretty heavy, I just went out and measured it.

Its 10'' wide and 22'' long and with the rust its 3/8'' thick. I took three pictures but the bride only had one and didn't put it on with the other pictures, she said she will put it on later.

Anyway it was a good sized clunk the first time I hit it, then on the second pass I hit it again and pulled it out.

I'll put it on later.

Rob

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
wow, previous tractor parts? Your garden looks great, along with your tractor.

·
That Guy
1,160 Posts
Rob, you may just have the most pristine looking X7xx on this board- seeing it getting dirty seems so out of charactor lol.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I sure envy such a well kept tractor... Beautiful tractor, garden

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Nice work, Rob! The tilling looks like it is done to absolute perfection.:thThumbsU

The piece of steel looks like something from a fireplace -- flew damper or maybe ash hatch? Amazing it didn't damage the tiller.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
A fine looking machine that does a super job in tilling that ground too :congrats:.

Nice area of land you got there along with some fine looking compost bins :rauch10:.

:thanku: for the pics !.

·
TE Forum Contributor
408 Posts
Looking good as always! I remember seeing a youtube video of you tilling before. The background gave it away for me. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,359 Posts
Very Nice! As always jealous of the set up :)

Your tractor in dirt yikes
All that waxing Rob does repels any dirt that even thinks about sticking to it. In fact I saw two pieces of sand walking down the road yesterday complaining about people that wax tractors :sorry1:

Nice work, Rob! The tilling looks like it is done to absolute perfection.:thThumbsU

The piece of steel looks like something from a fireplace -- flew damper or maybe ash hatch? Amazing it didn't damage the tiller.
I was thinking a damper of some sort.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Tractor looks showroom quality! and the garden is near perfect!-not a single stone! NICE! That chunk of steel is huge! Hope there was no damage, then again the 647 tiller will toss that stuff around like a toy!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tractor looks showroom quality! and the garden is near perfect!-not a single stone! NICE! That chunk of steel is huge! Hope there was no damage, then again the 647 tiller will toss that stuff around like a toy!
When I get done tilling I'll run the tiller while I rinse the dirt off, and it looks like everything is okay, lucky though it didn't bend something.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts