My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Are you pushing the brake in when trying or just using the button?

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,091 Posts
Mine is stubborn too. I am pushing the brake in but the release button often doesn't move, or doesn't move enough to actually release the brake. I recall some discussion of this about a year ago, I do not recall anyone having a resolution. I'll monitor, maybe a solution has emerged.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
On my X585SE I had to push in the pedal as far as I could in order to get it set. It eventually loosened up just enough it wasn't a problem. slkpk

·
Registered
148 Posts
That is on my list of things to look at before winter.. It drives me crazy.. I think part of the problem is the up and down throw is so small it adds to the problem.... I'll be pulling the deck off mine this wekend to get to the bottom of the problem.

·
Diesel Power
1,604 Posts
I did a little work to mine and got it to work a lot better. If I remember correctly, the rod from the parking brake handle goes into a bracket or linkage with a 90deg bend somewhere close to the frame. I removed the rod, put a wide screwdriver in the slot and bent the bracket a little more. It almost always releases on the first try now.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is on my list of things to look at before winter.. It drives me crazy.. I think part of the problem is the up and down throw is so small it adds to the problem.... I'll be pulling the deck off mine this wekend to get to the bottom of the problem.
Please keep us updated to what you find.
I have tried everything. I don't remember this problem on my 485!!
I push the brake pedal down, pull up on the release, and then push the release down, works maybe 1 time out of 5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts