My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Rob,

On an AWD version X700 series I know of 6 on the tractor itself.
Four on the steering. One on each drag link tie rod(2) and one on each side of the power steering cylinder.. tie rods (2).
One on the front axle pivot point. Accessed from the very front of the tractor.
Finally on the U joint of the drive shaft for the transmission at the transmission end. This one can be harder to get too.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Maverick, I'll send this to the other room and have the Bride print me out a copy, then I'll use your guide and my owners manual and grease that bad boy up.

I've got the John deere green grease, any other thing I might be concerned about, its two years old with 16.8 hours on it.

Rob

·
Registered
627 Posts
My 2008 X748SE owners manual shows pictures of all the grease fittings.

Are they saving money on shorter manuals now??? Maybe hoping to sell more shop manuals. Hmmm.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have pictures but I just wanted a second opinon.

But this ain't my day, I pushed the cherry picker into my other garage and when I went to pull the lifting jig for the snowblower, I have it jammed inside the cherry picker, I'm in the house now waiting for the bride, she will have to watch as I hammer and bang on it, its really stuck.

The four foot long piece of square stock with the ring on it is stuck.

Is stuck inside the end of the top of the cherry picker, I just stuck it in there to take it with the picker.

Stuck in this

Bride just hollered shes ready to help out.:)

Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.