My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats: You must be dizzy with an upgrade like that, it's so unbelievably different.

"I think you really get to learn the machine when you give it a good cleaning and waxing."
You are so right about that, the more newbie you are,
( I sure was) the more benefit you get. I understood so much more about my summer fix-up toy ( JD 175) as I cleaned it !! and the X520's underside.
Yes, Thank You Brian for the Klasse in Klasse I love it, but the ICE will get you by every time, as you can see how nice yours looks , and the black and other parts still need Ice, especially for those of us with snow blowers vs Salt.
Thanks for the pics, even though KATT rarely asks for them. :ROF:ROF

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,653 Posts
The X728 was delivered this morning........ Every exterior surface got 2 coats of ICE polish. For under the hood, the wheels (both sides), the deck (top and underneath) and the frame, I hit it with a coat of synthetic wax....... My goal is to get 25 years out of it, then it goes to my now 2 year old son. ]
Yeah, and when he's 27, he'll say "Dad, I don't want that thing, it's 25 years old and you've rubbed all the paint off waxing it every other day. Besides, I want one of the new XXXXX72800 Hovertractors with afterburner drive and laser cutting deck.":sidelaugh

I had to put sunglasses on looking at your pics. I'm like Brett, it's the handsomest tractor out there today and I can't get enough pics. Mine still cleans up really nice after 500+ hrs, but under the frame.......I don't think so.

Those wires in back, I wouldn't worry too much. When you add the PTO and 3-pt lift, they'll hide pretty well. Enjoy, she's a beaut.

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
"Yeah, and when he's 27, he'll say "Dad, I don't want that thing, it's 25 years old"

Ya but. I don't see too many guys turning down a 25 year old 318 and mine made that easy.

·
Registered
317 Posts
To quote Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino " Aint she sweet" I also use ICE and love it.

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Congrats on the new machine! Very nice looking indeed!

Mowin' Man :trink39:

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Been thinking of downsizing from the 2320...your sweet x728 makes me think even more...NICE!, Enjoy!

·
MTF Member Since Day 1
623 Posts
Congrats. You can get a 3pt hitch for that back and you won't even notice the wires after that. :)

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Congrats, that tractor is a beaut!!

Congrats. You can get a 3pt hitch for that back and you won't even notice the wires after that. :)
By the way, what are those wires for/to?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Congrats, that tractor is a beaut!!

By the way, what are those wires for/to?
I don't know, I was wondering that myself. Could not find anything about then in the manual.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
The wires are for the optional PTO, they are the sensor wires for the PTO dash light.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Beautiful...You should get a pic of your X728 next to your 420. Two of the best and best looking Super Garden Tractors ever made.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Congrats:greendr:

21 - 39 of 39 Posts