My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I've been reading here about floating the unit, having not used it yet, Is there a float position, mine just seems to raise the front. have not read such in the blower manual. thanks

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
The lower lever on the dash should lift and lower the blower. Push it all the way forward and it will lock. That is the float position. I always use it on my loader so I don't have to wait to put the loader down. When you want to lift it, just pull it towards you and you are all set.

Adam

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lower lever on the dash should lift and lower the blower. Push it all the way forward and it will lock. That is the float position. I always use it on my loader so I don't have to wait to put the loader down. When you want to lift it, just pull it towards you and you are all set.

Adam
..Thanks, Will give 'er a go first time probably tomorrow am...
can't believe it's not mentioned in the manual. or I missed it. kd

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
..Thanks, Will give 'er a go first time probably tomorrow am...
can't believe it's not mentioned in the manual. or I missed it. kd
From the X728 operator's manual at the Deere site. http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/OMM162947_G0/Output/Index.html?tM=HO

Using Hydraulic Control Levers

NOTE: Hydraulic control levers operate differently depending on attachment. See attachment operator’s manual before using hydraulic control levers with an attachment.

MX13570

MX39015
When attachment hydraulic hoses are connected to couplers (A) (black) and (B) (green), push lower hydraulic control lever (C) forward to divert fluid to coupler (A) and return through coupler (B). Pull lever backward to divert fluid to coupler (B) and return through coupler (A). Push lever to the full forward or float position to remove pressure in both lines and allow fluid to flow back and forth between lines. Lever should return to neutral position when released.

When attachment hydraulic hoses are connected to couplers (D) (yellow) and (E) (silver), push upper hydraulic control lever (F) forward to divert fluid to coupler (D) and return through coupler (E). Pull lever backward to divert fluid to coupler (E) and return through coupler (D). Lever should return to neutral position when released.

NOTE: When not using lower hydraulic control lever, periodically move lever back and forth to maintain lubrication. Be sure lever is returned to middle (neutral) position and not locked in forward (float) position.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
My x728 with the 47'' snowblower works like this, I'll push the lower lever forward to lower the blower to the ground, then I just release the lever then I will push it forward again and my blower will go into the float position, I can feel it do it in the cab.
When I give it that last push forward on the lever I do it kind of quick and don't really get on it to hard but I do push it forward with a little force or maybe just a smidgen of force.
:fing32:

Rob

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,538 Posts
As noted, it is in the manual. But based on the number of times it comes up here, JD might consider using RED letters to describe it. It is just too easily missed.

Anyway, when you push your lower lever forward, past what feels like the end of the lower implement motion, you will feel the lever move the linkage past a small detent in the SCV. This will actually hold the lower lever in the forward, float position and be clear by the fact the lever stays forward.
Here is a "from the seat" view of the lever when locked in "Float":

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
..I did finally find it mentioned in the tractor manual, but not in the 47 blower user instructions. ( it's a 2010)...
I have the 2010 quick-hitch snowblower 47-inch OMM145749 K6 operators manual on my lap.

Page 12 upper right hand corner with a picture of the levers and it says.

Push lever A (which shows the lower lever) forward completely to lower attachment to ground and lock in float position.:fing32:

Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.