My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all-

I have an X724 and am preparing for the winter. The JBSr just got delivered and I need something to balance it. I would like something to hold weight and would also like a 2" receiver if possible. What I really need is a Heavy Hitch, but I don't have or want a 3 point hitch. I am not married to using suitcase weights, so a ballast box would be fine.

What are my options? Something aftermarket, or should I find someone locally to fabricate?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
573 Posts
From Deere you can get a setup called click and go brackets that attach to the rear frame. Then they sell a ballast box that attaches to click and go brackets. For the receiver you could get a bolt on one or weld one to the ballast box but i am not sure of the ground clearance. Someone on the forums like Sergeant might have some pictures of his setup so you can see how much clearance there is.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. This is sort of what I was afraid of. One thing I've noticed about John Deere: their solutions are very elegant, but very expensive. By the time I got the bracket, and either the ballast box + ballast or the bracket + weights, I'd be pushing $500.

I'm going to pursue having something fabricated locally. I hope to have pictures sometime soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts