My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I'm sure anything can be done but am positive it would be less expensive to sell the X720Se and buy a X728SE. Heck it would probably be less expensive to buy a X748SE...

·
Super Moderator
16,682 Posts
The Front axle is going to Be the Problem That is the cost that will Really drive Up the price Because it will not come Complete Has to Be Bought as Parts Ie You will have two Buy Wheel Motors separately The Trans will not Be a Problem mostly adding fitting and Line since they changed to a AWD system it will be Less of a Headache to covert But In the Long Run it would Probably Be Cheaper to Trade Up and If You X720 is Under warranty say Good By to it Because It will be Voided But after it’s Over with. Price Out the Parts You Need and decide from there:thThumbsU

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,102 Posts
As stated, there is no way this conversion would be cost effective. Much better to trade up, or sell the 720SE outright and buy a nice 728. You might find that if you have a couple hours where both are in your garage that you could swap the SE seat from 720 to 728 and save a couple bucks.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
I think the AWD's have a larger charge pump as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all, that was a bad idea to think that was reasonable. I have decide on the 720 or 728....I would never need awd on the yard...just possible if I get a blower.and resale.

·
Super Moderator
16,682 Posts
thanks all, that was a bad idea to think that was reasonable. I have decide on the 720 or 728....I would never need awd on the yard...just possible if I get a blower.and resale.
Just want to show what a X720 is Capable Of aka (X485 Older Version of X720)

and I Plow snow Don't have a Blower Yet
I Take care of 5.5 acres and Have Mid west winters
If You Only need a X720 to Mow the Lawn You'll Only Need One to Blow Snow
Prior to 2002 Deere didn't Make any AWD or 4WD Garden tractors and They Handled 47inch Two stage Blower without a Issue:thThumbsU

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
If you are from Rochester NY, I would really urge you to get the AWD tractor. With as much snow as you get, you will really appreciate it and I doubt very much you'd ever regret it. On the other hand, if you get the 2WD, you'll always be wondering if you should have gotten the X728/748.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The Mouse had such a difficult job pushing snow with a rear blade too. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

So Much trouble pushing snow with a 2 WD REALLY? :dunno::drunkie:

That little helpless 2 WD of a Mouse even ran with the Big Boys. LOL

Even a red one just up the hill...

No worries though as This will be the Mouse once again soon.. :trink39::trink39:

Me I'll be looking Cool while I watch the Mouse do his thing. LOL Sorry Guys couldn't resist..

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Thanks! Wait till you see the Beast of a Mouse with a Custom built front blade, I'll be running both this winter. Pics coming within a day or two.:greendr::trink40::trink40:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Thanks! Wait till you see the Beast of a Mouse with a Custom built front blade, I'll be running both this winter. Pics coming within a day or two.:greendr::trink40::trink40:
Can't wait to see the pics. Mouse will be a double-barreled threat to any snowstorm. That guy you faced off with last year will not have a chance. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
The Mouse had such a difficult job pushing snow with a rear blade too. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

That one looks like it would be hard to do with a snow blower that only throws it 90 degrees left or right...:dunno:

:thanku: for the great pics, can't wait for the front blade debut! :thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
TBoy,

I've been thinking about the guy I raced lastyear lately and he has a rude awakening coming. LOL...

Poeny,

With 9 ft tall walls at that place you would have to blow it all one way, come out from the garage and to the street. Not an option for me with them a mile away so I drag out everything then push it to the other side of the street into the neighbors yard. Thankfully the neighbors are Great people there!

·
Super Moderator
16,682 Posts
If you are from Rochester NY, I would really urge you to get the AWD tractor. With as much snow as you get, you will really appreciate it and I doubt very much you'd ever regret it. On the other hand, if you get the 2WD, you'll always be wondering if you should have gotten the X728/748.
I Bought a X485 never thought twice about a X585 or that I should have gotten that instead of a X485 I Plowed snow In NY first with a JD R70 rear engine rider That was a 2arce Lot Near the town of Black River, NY Used a JD 240 then a JD425 on My 17 acre rental Property Had two steep Hills in the Drive used the 240 Until I Bought the 425 and we got just as Much snow as Rochester In the Watertown/Fort Drum Area Though My Rental Place was about a Mile or so out of Sackets Harbor. I figure if Most My relatives Farmed and still farm with 2WD Row Crops what’s the Need for AWD or 4WD Garden tractor I have Only used My diff/lock Once In 8 years of ownership of my X485 and that was Grading some Gravel at a friends Place one spring I think he would Be Just fine with 2WD:thThumbsU

1 - 17 of 17 Posts