My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally made the 100 hour mark, in just a little over 2 years. But I didn't cut her no slack. I had wood to move, but could get it to its final destination. With all the rain we had on Saturday, things where a little sloppy at the base of the hill. So I had plent of skids hanging around, so I packed them to what I figured was full. She picked up all of the skids a couple just barely, but enough to clear the ground. The honey locust and mulberry was very wet and heavy. So I just set them up in a staging area, till it dries out a bit.

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
There seems to be something missing in your pics.:dunno:

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
2022 Toyota 4Runner
7,108 Posts
That locust will burn long and warm through the night, and the mulberry will sweeten the smell a little. Nice beginning to setting in a winter's worth.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I will finish off this post, with some of the experiences and different hats that she's had.

3pt Hitch and Rear PTO was added.

Her knew shoes...

The playtime in the garden....

The fitment of her fight against the snow.

Here's a pic of her winning the battle against the snow.

The 45 Loader was added to her arsenal for one of her many talents...

The first 100 hours has came and gone. And in those hours she has impressed the heck out of me on how capable of a machine she is. She has made work, fun and more effecient. Sure she cant do everything, but what she does she does well. And most importantly thank you to all those in the forum that make this forum the great forum that it is. :thThumbsU

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,555 Posts
Great pics!!! That is one heck of a set up you have! Here's to another great 100 hours!:trink39:

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
Now that's what I'm talking about. You have redeemed yourself Sir. Thanks for the great pics.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Looks great. I know I would ruin my legs on the rear wheel weight bolts year round.:crybaby:

Congratulations on a great tractor and set of accessories/implements and :thanku: for the pics:trink39::thThumbsU

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Thanks for the pics and the 100hr write up. That is a great way to move firewood around.:fing32:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Nice write up and great tractor! :)

·
4 acres of fun!
146 Posts
Good looking rig - thanks for the write up!

How many inches of snow were you moving with that blade in the picture?

Also, is there a lift attachment you are using with the 3 point hitch to move the pallets?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have been thinking of moving from My 524 to the X720 . I need some help;; What is the compaireson;
Dont know whole lot about the that particular model. But the X720 trumps in my opinion. The full function of Hydraulics is why I went with X7 vs the X5. Plus, they are very agile and nimble for there size. Small advantage as in time is the driveshaft driven mower. Its about 6 to 7 minutes to put on and take off.

Good luck.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the great compliments, its been a blast so far.

Poeny - I know, I've found them a couple 2 or 3 times. Need to get them trimmed off.

ColonyPark - Yes, its so far has been a great way to handle wood.

Tillerman77 - That particular snow fall was like 10", but thats the base of the driveway. Its set in a pair of vertical walls that fill in with drifting snow. At parts it was like 3 foot deep, but small bites during each pass I was able to eat away at the drift.

As far the skids go. I use my loader with my forks to move the wood around. I've got a lot more lift capacity off the front then the rear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.