My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the 700 series 54" clamshell, and if you are, what can be done with it. I have a need to move mulch, crap from the woods, etc.. Stuff smaller than my grapple will handle. No need for a FEL.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have one and it is okay. It came with my used x7 and I've used it to move a pile of topsoil and a few logs before I got grapple. It is not a 45 loader with that lift height but it goes on pretty easy and is way less $$. I moved the pile of topsoil in photo is a couple hours I suppose. Probably would have taken 30 minutes with a big skid loader or 4 days with me/shovel and pull behind cart.

I think if you double click photo, it will turn over so dirt doesn't fall out :tango_face_smile_bi

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got one that I use on my X738. It works fine for loose dirt, mulch, etc. - it will not 'dig' much of anything. Does an adequate job of hauling debris around and moving snow. I could not justify the cost of an FEL for my needs, and this works reasonably well for yard and garden chores.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'll hold off for now.

Dkarst, I own the same grapple and it's made my day more than once.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is perfect for what I want to do, hauling dirt around to smooth out the yard.
Is their any info on this, brand etc.
Would like to see about getting one.

·
Registered
987 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Just scored one for $100, of course minus the bracket for the angle cylinder. Seller must have picked up from an auction, wasn't sure what it was.

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
Nice find, looks to of never/ lightly used.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts