My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a video of one of my x595 mowing on a steep hill it is a lot steeper than it looks next time i am going to put camera on tractor

·
Super Moderator
16,679 Posts
Well That X595 is still going strong. Wasn't That rolled before By that last owner?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a "bank" along the road buy my house I drive down over it with the 48 my front draft arms touch the road...I put the goat in reverse and back right up....when I had the 445 I had to mow it with the stihl

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you mean if the pedal is all the way down yesi it is plus diff lock and it is in 4 wheel drive and some places it will not back up the hill thinking about putting chains on all 4 wheels when mowing this hill

·
MTF mile high club member
5,919 Posts
Do you mean if the pedal is all the way down yesi it is plus diff lock and it is in 4 wheel drive and some places it will not back up the hill thinking about putting chains on all 4 wheels when mowing this hill
It won't back up because 3 or 4 tires are spinning? :eek: I've been up and down some pretty wild hills and they run out of pedal in reverse before they spin unless the grass is wet. You could always hang 4 suitcase weights on the front, then turn around and face up the hill; if it won't climb it that way, there's not many things that will. Chains would be a pain and tear stuff up, IMO.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes I meant are you full pedal mine will back up a hill like that but very slow....I think I might have a rpm issue mine seems slow even when going forward up steep grades

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I readjusted my pedal on both of my tractor this one is faster on the steep hill for it doesn't have all the weigh that the other one has. The other one has back tires filled. 12 gal each tire and the cab which weights 350lb but they both good a great job

·
Super Moderator
15,495 Posts
I have seen a mowing crew mow a hill about like that on a clover leaf going up and down with two zero turns. No way would I do it with those.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a z245 and it wont't even start to back up it and I have a rough tread 4 wheeler tire on it

·
Super Moderator
15,495 Posts
They weren't backing up it, they were going forward up and down and turning around at the top of the hill. I pulled over and watched them a bit to see if they were going to roll one down the hill.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Wow that is steep!

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
227 Posts
You're going to kill that tractor. Did you ever think about building tiers of planting beds across the slope? Unless you need to get up it, then you can always cut a ramp into the slope, say half way up in each direction. Just a thought, I know I would be itching to attack it with my backhoe.

Sent from the MTF Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts