My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Blind duck
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New issue with my x595. If i want to drive in a straight line, I have to continually rotate the steering wheel left, CCW.
Any ideas?
Also, can the front end be aligned, as I have one tire that is wearing heavenly on the outside.

·
Treefarm
61 Posts
Wear on the outside of the tire usually means positive camber. Top of tire is tilted outwards from the car or tractor in this case. Too much toe in or out will usually feather the tires as well but across the total surface of the tire. If this were a car I would say the ball joints are shot but what ever pieces hold the tire vertical are worn way beyond spec or broken. Take weight off the front axle and grip top and bottom of tire and try and move horizontally. I think you will feel plenty of play. It may also help to hold tires stationery and have someone turn steering wheel back and forth and look for free play as well In the linkage. Hope this helps.

·
blinged out
1,127 Posts
x2 what toro suggested and with no excessive play found I would suspect somthing going on in the steering valve where fluid is bypassing and continually flowing to the steer cylinder!could be a piece of dirt lodged in a valve? not too familiar with the power steering directional valve and hope I never need to be!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts