My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
blinged out
1,171 Posts
I DID want it, but the ONLY thing I would use it for is to plow 50' of sidewalk and infront of my house and the back lane. I live in the city on a 50'x120' lot. LOL. That is why I didn't move very fast. My 332 does everything I want it to.
I wish you'd said you didn't need it earlier, I was waiting a few days to see if you'd grab it and it just sold when I called!
It just happened that someone was going that way to pick up other equipment and asked me if I needed anything from manitoba!
I'll likely call them back monday and make sure the deal went through! I can pick it myself but it's 24hrs. ea. way!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Deleted

·
Registered
522 Posts
You missed a good one. the x595 is one of the best x-series tractors JD made. the 24 HP diesel combined with the mechanical 4x4 is a real workhorse. I have a 2003 x595. have the No 45 FEL, a 6ft snow plow and adapted a 6.5 ft backhoe to the back end. that's a good deal w/the attachments and < 400hrs. it took me almost a year to find a used x595. maybe they still have it - good luck!!

Attachments

·
Registered
891 Posts
You missed a good one. the x595 is one of the best x-series tractors JD made. the 24 HP diesel combined with the mechanical 4x4 is a real workhorse. I have a 2003 x595. have the No 45 FEL, a 6ft snow plow and adapted a 6.5 ft backhoe to the back end. that's a good deal w/the attachments and < 400hrs. it took me almost a year to find a used x595. maybe they still have it - good luck!!
Whx..Every time I see that seriously cool 595 of yours with that seriously cool BH on it, I get to thinking I NEED to find me an X595 of my own. Love it!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hi FT; the x595's are scarce - I don't think too many were originally sold - they were pricy with the diesel option. The 700 series are very similar. the next hurtle is finding a #45 loader. JD discontinued the loader attachment a few years ago, the newer 700 series tractors do not have a loader option. that means finding a used loader, or an after-market one. this year, I added the 60" 4in 1 bucket with the JD "quick-attach" mounts (it's in the picture). it is so handy. works like a normal bucket when closed, open - works like a dozer blade. And you can use it like a grapple too.?

·
Registered
410 Posts
How did you plumb the 4 in 1?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hi - I installed a solenoid powered diverter valve in the bucket tilt hydraulic loop. I have a momentary push button on the bucket lever that switches the valve and diverts the hydr. fluid thru the 4-1 cylinders to open & close it. I use the same hoses to operate my V-plow and log grapple. see the valve used on my V-plow - attached

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
Hi - I installed a solenoid powered diverter valve in the bucket tilt hydraulic loop. I have a momentary push button on the bucket lever that switches the valve and diverts the hydr. fluid thru the 4-1 cylinders to open & close it. I use the same hoses to operate my V-plow and log grapple. see the valve used on my V-plow - attached
Any modifications on the OTC using the 45 on your tractor?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hi Jimbo - I upgraded the tires to larger R-4's and loaded w/RV antifreeze for ballast. Each tire goes about 300 lbs. installed. I upped the hydraulic pressure on the loader to increase the lift capacity. the 4-1 bucket and the grapple weight in at 350 - 400 lbs., have to compensate to maintain good working lift capacity. Loader will lift over 1200 lbs payload with the 4-1 or the grapple in use. ran out of weights to test lift - but have lifted 1800 lb green oak logs w/the bucket/grapple. Have some new pic's of the grapple in action,

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
You have my vote for king of the SGTs. If you dont have an end to end build thread which I couldnt find if you do, it would be great if you would.

·
Registered
522 Posts
unfortunately,. I didn't photo document my "projects". modifications have been made over a number of years. the Backhoe was the 1st add-on. followed by the V-plow, then the 4-1 bucket, and lastly - the log grapple. the tire upgrade is in there - somewhere. :unsure: I can submit more photos and description it there is a certain item you would like more info on. I just added to the attachment inventory as the "need" arose! Except the 4-1 bucket, that was a lucky Ebay find (purchased gently used) that I couldn't pass up. It has proven to be so useful. The other items I purchased new.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ok since the original thread here seems to have run its course, what wheels did you mount the r4s on and what size are the tires? Im thinking you increased the max speed about as much as possible wo hacking the fender and the only SGT wider than yours has duallies. While cool, I assume the real point is you got to a place where you are not worried about blowing the sidewalls with a heavy load in the bucket and are wide enough youre not worried about rolling unless doing some thing dumb? The other question of course is do you mow your lawn with it? Id like to get to a one machine solution without compromise of course.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hi - the rear tires are 31 x 15.5in wide x 15in rim. The rims are 13" x 15" x 8 lug skid-steer rims, I have adapter disks made from 1/4" steel plate that go from the OEM 5 lug /bolt axle to the standard 8 lug rim. I bolted a skid steer 2" wheel spacer to each disk. The spacer provides the 8 lugs for the rim to mount to. It's all bolt on, can go back to OEM tires at any time. the tires are 10 ply rated for up to a 75 HP skid steer - my little JD will not strain them!! I did have to "radius" trim the fenders to increase clearance. I don't mow with the tractor - I actually sold my 61" deck. never used it. I found that even in it's stock set up, the x595 was too heavy to mow grass, it "wheel-tracked" my lawn badly. So I converted it to a utility tractor. the large R4's give great traction w/the aggressive tread and internal ballast, plowing snow is fun. No chains required even when pushing a 6 ft plow. the front wheels are a set of used 8" x 12" JD 5-lug lawn tractor rear rims that I picked up on Ebay for $30. I mounted 23 x 8 x 12 R4's. the fronts are also 10 ply rated to handle the weight of the loader. they have tubes in them. The 12" dia R4's are stiff , and don't seal tight and go soft over time. tubes are standard GT tire tubes, in service for 5 yrs. - no leaks. It sound complicated, but it's not. I can take some more pics if you are interested?? The tractor can do work of a machine near twice it's size! LOL! I've dug trenches, move large rocks, dug out stumps, and moved logs for firewood ( I heat with wood), My boys are over 30 and moved out - so I needed to machine-up since i'm over 60 now. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Its great how versatile they are. Its not perfect and I have to be somewhat careful but I get away mowing with mine with HDAPs. The load rating on them is low though so then you are into another set of wheels for loader work which quickly diminishes the utility of the one machine solution. I may just get a bigger heavier cart and call it close enough.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I don't have a lot of grass to mow, so I picked-up a used walk-behind (30" ?) to cut the grass. the walking is good for me - so i'm told!:unsure: the HDAP tires are a nice tread design, better traction than std. turf tires. The tire casing is only 4 ply I think? Not real good for loader work. the R-4's are stiff and ride hard.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I find the HDAPs on the X595 to be far superior traction wise to the R4s on my CUT in just about all conditions. They are also far easier on the lawn. Ride quality is also great compared to the R4s. But, load capacity at least on the Field Trax I have is only 500 lbs on the fronts. The rears are a little better at 675 but once you start playing the game you do that gets exceeded pretty quick. I think I saw someone posted about a 6 ply variant from another manufacturer that might be higher.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yeah - the R-4's are not the greatest traction - I like then because they are also puncture resistant - I do a lot of firewood, running around in the woods - have run over sharp rocks and wood stubs that probably would have punctured a 4 ply turf tire? 500 lbs limit on the front end doesn't even cover the weight of the loader and the 4-1 bucket.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts