My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to make a set of forks that will fit on my X595 with a 45 FEL. So far I have the forks done and I made some new pins with pull handles the hold the bucket on and will also hold the fork bracket on when I get it done.

Attachments

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Wow those look great!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finished all the parts I need for the fork bracket now I just have to weld them together and bore out the holes for the pins. I hope to get it finished up in a few days to see how they work.

Attachments

·
6,553 Posts
I'm guessing you either are a Machinist for a living or have a Mill and Lathe in the basement :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here they are all together I think they turned out nice. I did all of the machine work but I a good friend of mine welded them up for me. I will get them on the tractor and see what i can lift tomorrow and get a few pictures of them on the tractor.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brett to answer your question I am a machinist I started at where I work at the age of 16 now I am 29 so I have built allot of stuff . This job is great!!

·
6,553 Posts
ADV,

I figured :)

One question, why the holes in the ends of the forks?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Great Job! That is sweet. Its always nice to have the fabrication toys (whooops equipment).

I'm guessing those holes are for pins to go through and keep things from sliding off the forks.

·
tiny tractor big interest
370 Posts
Wow! Impressive work for sure. Pays when you have the right tools and the skill set to use them. I love when homemade looks better than manufactured. Impressive work that you should be real proud of.

Adam

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put them on the tractor and took a couple pictures. The holes in the end of the forks are for pins so stuff dont slide off.

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Now that is cool!

·
Registered
103 Posts
AWESOME!! You should market them.

·
6,553 Posts
I'd love to have a set of those! (well, after I get the loader of course) :)

Now all you need to do is hack off the stinkin goal posts! :)

Looks great!

·
Registered
865 Posts
nice work! any way to lock the forks from moving left and right on you?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Very nice job...can't wait to see how it lifts!

·
Registered
232 Posts
ADV - only one mistake. You could have made 2 of them and had yourself a set of doors for your cab!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jakenbake- I do not have a way of locking the forks in place I did not give that much thought when I was building it might be something I will add to them later. I am planning on adding a guard on the top of the back plate to keep stuff from falling onto the tractor hood.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
If you can tilt the forks back you shouldn't have to worry about having pins to keep your load from falling off.

Nice looking work. I am sure you are going to have a lot of friends asking for help moving stuff around the house with that.

How much weight do you think you could lift with it and does the FEL raise high enough to get a pallet out of 4x4 truck bed?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts