My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since today a problem with X595:
if I want to start engine, the fuse blowing in the ignition module. it is lower of the two ...
anyone have any idea what's going on?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Something is shorting out. Trace the wiring and look for a melted wire or chafing. Can you get it running at all?

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
If you can pm me I got the shop manual and had an electrical problem myself. I had a thread x595 not starting at times.

·
John Deere Service
66 Posts
since today a problem with X595:
if I want to start engine, the fuse blowing in the ignition module. it is lower of the two ...
anyone have any idea what's going on?
What is the last 6 of your PIN number?

·
John Deere Service
66 Posts
Cranking Circuit Operation
Function:

To energize the starting motor solenoid and engage the starting motor to crank the engine.
Operating Conditions:

Key Switch in START position.

Brake locked (Brake switch closed).

PTO/RIO switch in OFF position.

Operator ON seat (Seat switch closed).
Theory of Operation:

NOTE: The S1 Key Switch is permanently connected to the A2 Control/Fuse Module by soldered connections. With the exception of the F5 and F6 fuse, components are solid state and are not serviceable. Lines with the dashed border of the A2 module are circuit paths on the board and not separate wires.

The power circuit (200 Red and F1 Fusible Link 205 Blk) provides voltage to the S1 key switch and protects the circuit with the fusible link. Current flows from the battery positive(+) terminal to the starter solenoid battery terminal, the F3 fusible link, the 200 Red wire, the X1 connector, the Red wire and to the S1 switch.

With the key switch in the START position the key switch allows current to flow through the Red wire to the A2 Control/ Fuse Module. On the A2 module, current flows to the start relay common terminal and the F5 fuse. From the F5 fuse, current flows to the 500 and 501 Yel wire to the S6 Brake Switch.

If the brake pedal is depressed or the brake locked on, current flows across the closed brake switch to the 765 Pur wire and to the S2 RIO switch. If the RIO switch is Off, current flows through the 705 Pnk/Blk wire back to the A2 Module and the K3 start relay coil. The S1 key switch contacts S1 and S2 provide a ground path for the K3 start relay when the key switch is in the Start position.

When the start relay coil is energized the relay contacts close and the current flows to the starting motor solenoid (720 Pur). With the starting motor solenoid energized, solenoid main contacts close and high current from the battery passes through the battery cable and solenoid contacts to the starting motor. The starting motor then rotates and cranks the engine.

The A2 Control Module provides battery voltage only if the following criteria are met:

S2 PTO/RIO switch OFF

Brake Locked (Brake switch closed)

Operator ON seat (Seat switch closed)

Current to the 721 Pur wire is used to illuminate the H2 RIO defeat light and indicate that the starting circuit on the A2 Control Module is functional.

The E1 Grn LED on the A2 Module illuminates when all cranking circuit operating conditions are met and the circuit is functional.

·
John Deere Service
66 Posts
Cranking Circuit Diagnosis
Test Procedure A

Test Conditions:

Key switch in Start position.

Park brake engaged.

Seat switch closed.

Test/Check Point

Normal

If Not Normal

1. S1 Key Switch at S1-S1 terminal.

Continuity to ground.

Go to step 2.

Disconnect battery, check White Wire continuity at S1 terminal on key switch with Key turned to Start Position. See "Control/Fuse Module Test" on page 282.

No continuity, replace key switch.

2. S1 Key Switch at S1-A.

Battery voltage

Go to step 3.

With battery connected and key switch in Start position, check for voltage at S1 -A (Red Wire).

No voltage, replace key switch.

3. K3 Start Relay on A2 Control Board (720 Pur).

Battery voltage

Go to step 4.

Check 720/721 wire at X6 connector on A2 control board with key in Start Position. Voltage, check 720 Pur wire at X2 Connector on Starter solenoid with Key in Start position. No voltage, check 720 Pur wire continuity, and X6 connector at A2 Control Module

No voltage, replace A2 Control Module.

4. S3 Seat Switch (800 Pnk).

Battery voltage

Go to step 5.

Check 800 Pink wire at X5 connector on A2 Control Board. No voltage, replace seat switch.

Voltage, go to step 5.

Seat Switch replaced, no voltage, check connector on seat switch, 800 Pnk wire continuity and X5 connector on A2 control module. No voltage, check K11 Off Seat Relay in Step 5.

5. A4 PTO Interlock Module at X11-B and X12-A.

Battery voltage

No voltage at X11-B.

Go to step 6.

Check 820 Pnk Wire at X12 connector on A4 PTO Interlock Module with S3 Seat Switch closed. No voltage, check 820 wire continuity, X12 connector on A4 Board and connector on S3 Seat Switch.

Voltage present at X12-A (820 Pnk), check voltage at X5-H (605 Tan) on A2 Control Module. No voltage at 605 Tan, K11 Off Seat Relay is working correctly, Go to Step 6. Voltage present, replace A4 PTO Interlock Module.

6. S2 PTO/RIO Switch X9 connector (765 Pur).

Battery voltage

Go to Step 7.

Check 765 Pur wire at X9 connector on S2 PTO/RIO switch. Voltage present, go to Step 7. No voltage present at S2 PTO/RIO switch, check the X10 connector on S6 Brake Switch.

If no voltage is present at X10-765 Pur, check X10-501 Yel. If power is present, at 501 Yel, replace S6 Brake Switch and retest S2 PTO/RIO switch. If no power is present at 501 Yel, replace the F6 Fuse on the A2 Control Module.

7. S2 PTO/RIO Switch X9 connector (786 Blu).

Battery voltage

Check 786 Blu wire at X9 connector on S2 PTO/RIO switch. Voltage present at S2 PTO/RIO switch, check the X11 connector on A4 PTO Interlock Module.

If no voltage is present at X11-786 Blu, check 786 Blu wire for continuity and the actuator portion of S2 PTO/RIO Switch for proper operation (see switch tests). Replace the A4 PTO Interlock Module if voltage is still present with the S6 Brake Switch ON, and the S2 PTO/RIO Switch ON.

8. S2 PTO/RIO Switch X9 connector (705 Pnk).

Battery voltage

Check 705 Pnk wire at the X9 connector with the S2 PTO/RIO Switch OFF and the S6 Brake Switch ON. Voltage should be present at 705 Pnk/Blk.

Check 705 Pnk wire at the X9 connector with the S2 PTO/RIO Switch OFF and the S6 Brake Switch OFF. No Voltage should be present at 705. If voltage is present at 705, replace the S6 Brake Switch.

If voltage is present at 705 Pnk after replacing the brake switch, check 705 Pnk at the X9 connector with the PTO/RIO Switch ON and the Brake Switch OFF. No voltage should be present at 705. If voltage is present, replace the S2 PTO/RIO Switch.

9. S2 PTO/RIO Switch X9 connector (652 Blu/Blk).

Battery voltage

No voltage at 652 Blu/Blk, check 786 Blu wire at the X9 connector on S2 PTO/RIO Switch.

Voltage at 786 Blu, replace S2 PTO/RIO Switch. No voltage at 786 Blu, check X11-A connector on A4 PTO Interlock Module and 786 wire continuity. No, Voltage, replace A4 PTO Module.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cranking Circuit Operation
Function:

To energize the starting motor solenoid and engage the starting motor to crank the engine.
Operating Conditions:

Key Switch in START position.

Brake locked (Brake switch closed).

Operator ON seat (Seat switch closed).
Theory of Operation:

NOTE: The S1 Key Switch is permanently connected to the A2 Control/Fuse Module by soldered connections. With the exception of the F5 and F6 fuse, components are solid state and are not serviceable. Lines with the dashed border of the A2 module are circuit paths on the board and not separate wires.

The power circuit (200 Red and F1 Fusible Link 205 Blk) provides voltage to the S1 key switch and protects the circuit with the fusible link. Current flows from the battery positive(+) terminal to the starter solenoid battery terminal, the F3 fusible link, the 200 Red wire, the X1 connector, the Red wire and to the S1 switch.

With the key switch in the START position the key switch allows current to flow through the Red wire to the A2 Control/ Fuse Module. On the A2 module, current flows to the start relay common terminal and the F5 fuse. From the F5 fuse, current flows to the 500 and 501 Yel wire to the S6 Brake Switch.

If the brake pedal is depressed or the brake locked on, current flows across the closed brake switch to the 765 Pur wire and to the S2 RIO switch. If the RIO switch is Off, current flows through the 705 Pnk/Blk wire back to the A2 Module and the K3 start relay coil. The S1 key switch contacts S1 and S2 provide a ground path for the K3 start relay when the key switch is in the Start position.

When the start relay coil is energized the relay contacts close and the current flows to the starting motor solenoid (720 Pur). With the starting motor solenoid energized, solenoid main contacts close and high current from the battery passes through the battery cable and solenoid contacts to the starting motor. The starting motor then rotates and cranks the engine.

The A2 Control Module provides battery voltage only if the following criteria are met:

S2 PTO/RIO switch OFF

Brake Locked (Brake switch closed)

Operator ON seat (Seat switch closed)

Current to the 721 Pur wire is used to illuminate the H2 RIO defeat light and indicate that the starting circuit on the A2 Control Module is functional.

The E1 Grn LED on the A2 Module illuminates when all cranking circuit operating conditions are met and the circuit is functional.
Thanks for your help.
The problem is when I try and turn ignition key to Run and press the brake pedal can i start engine but I must quickly release the brake pedal, engine is running, all work fine. when I press the brake pedal the fuse broken and engine shut of engine shut off...

·
John Deere Service
66 Posts
Thanks for your help.
The problem is when I try and turn ignition key to Run and press the brake pedal can i start engine but I must quickly release the brake pedal, engine is running, all work fine. when I press the brake pedal the fuse broken and engine shut of engine shut off...
Check the brake pedal switch. 2 wires are hot, making the connection to start, and the other 2 wires are on a ground circuit. Sounds like the switch is shorting out and popping the fuse.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Check the brake pedal switch. 2 wires are hot, making the connection to start, and the other 2 wires are on a ground circuit. Sounds like the switch is shorting out and popping the fuse.

I have replaced brake switch, the same ..
Yesterday I welded to the frame without disconnecting battery ...

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
everything ok again, the ignition module was broken,thanks for quick help :thThumbsU

·
John Deere Service
66 Posts
everything ok again, the ignition module was broken,thanks for quick help :thThumbsU
That was the next thing I was going to have you check. Glad you got it fixed.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That was the next thing I was going to have you check. Glad you got it fixed.
again many thanks for your quick help!
i will upgrade the x595 with rear pto. is this the correct Partnumber for the Kit :
BM21914 ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any chance you have this for PTO not engaging and/or fuel solenoid. Right now my fuel solenoid isn't working and neither is pto (if fuel solenoid manually defeated).

Cranking Circuit Diagnosis
Test Procedure A

Test Conditions:

Key switch in Start position.

Park brake engaged.

Seat switch closed.

Test/Check Point

Normal

If Not Normal

1. S1 Key Switch at S1-S1 terminal.

Continuity to ground.

Go to step 2.

Disconnect battery, check White Wire continuity at S1 terminal on key switch with Key turned to Start Position. See "Control/Fuse Module Test" on page 282.

No continuity, replace key switch.

2. S1 Key Switch at S1-A.

Battery voltage

Go to step 3.

With battery connected and key switch in Start position, check for voltage at S1 -A (Red Wire).

No voltage, replace key switch.

3. K3 Start Relay on A2 Control Board (720 Pur).

Battery voltage

Go to step 4.

Check 720/721 wire at X6 connector on A2 control board with key in Start Position. Voltage, check 720 Pur wire at X2 Connector on Starter solenoid with Key in Start position. No voltage, check 720 Pur wire continuity, and X6 connector at A2 Control Module

No voltage, replace A2 Control Module.

4. S3 Seat Switch (800 Pnk).

Battery voltage

Go to step 5.

Check 800 Pink wire at X5 connector on A2 Control Board. No voltage, replace seat switch.

Voltage, go to step 5.

Seat Switch replaced, no voltage, check connector on seat switch, 800 Pnk wire continuity and X5 connector on A2 control module. No voltage, check K11 Off Seat Relay in Step 5.

5. A4 PTO Interlock Module at X11-B and X12-A.

Battery voltage

No voltage at X11-B.

Go to step 6.

Check 820 Pnk Wire at X12 connector on A4 PTO Interlock Module with S3 Seat Switch closed. No voltage, check 820 wire continuity, X12 connector on A4 Board and connector on S3 Seat Switch.

Voltage present at X12-A (820 Pnk), check voltage at X5-H (605 Tan) on A2 Control Module. No voltage at 605 Tan, K11 Off Seat Relay is working correctly, Go to Step 6. Voltage present, replace A4 PTO Interlock Module.

6. S2 PTO/RIO Switch X9 connector (765 Pur).

Battery voltage

Go to Step 7.

Check 765 Pur wire at X9 connector on S2 PTO/RIO switch. Voltage present, go to Step 7. No voltage present at S2 PTO/RIO switch, check the X10 connector on S6 Brake Switch.

If no voltage is present at X10-765 Pur, check X10-501 Yel. If power is present, at 501 Yel, replace S6 Brake Switch and retest S2 PTO/RIO switch. If no power is present at 501 Yel, replace the F6 Fuse on the A2 Control Module.

7. S2 PTO/RIO Switch X9 connector (786 Blu).

Battery voltage

Check 786 Blu wire at X9 connector on S2 PTO/RIO switch. Voltage present at S2 PTO/RIO switch, check the X11 connector on A4 PTO Interlock Module.

If no voltage is present at X11-786 Blu, check 786 Blu wire for continuity and the actuator portion of S2 PTO/RIO Switch for proper operation (see switch tests). Replace the A4 PTO Interlock Module if voltage is still present with the S6 Brake Switch ON, and the S2 PTO/RIO Switch ON.

8. S2 PTO/RIO Switch X9 connector (705 Pnk).

Battery voltage

Check 705 Pnk wire at the X9 connector with the S2 PTO/RIO Switch OFF and the S6 Brake Switch ON. Voltage should be present at 705 Pnk/Blk.

Check 705 Pnk wire at the X9 connector with the S2 PTO/RIO Switch OFF and the S6 Brake Switch OFF. No Voltage should be present at 705. If voltage is present at 705, replace the S6 Brake Switch.

If voltage is present at 705 Pnk after replacing the brake switch, check 705 Pnk at the X9 connector with the PTO/RIO Switch ON and the Brake Switch OFF. No voltage should be present at 705. If voltage is present, replace the S2 PTO/RIO Switch.

9. S2 PTO/RIO Switch X9 connector (652 Blu/Blk).

Battery voltage

No voltage at 652 Blu/Blk, check 786 Blu wire at the X9 connector on S2 PTO/RIO Switch.

Voltage at 786 Blu, replace S2 PTO/RIO Switch. No voltage at 786 Blu, check X11-A connector on A4 PTO Interlock Module and 786 wire continuity. No, Voltage, replace A4 PTO Module.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Superboop, depending on the year of Xseries your PTO won't engage unless the engine is running, so, you might not have a PTO problem. It's time for a test light to make sure fuel solenoid has power & ground. you might need a helper to sit on the seat while doing checks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts