My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a groundhog got in my garage and spent the day and night eating my x590. Anyone with an X590 willing to remove and photograph the dash wiring harness would be greatly appreciated. The main damage was to the plugs to both the key switch and the pto button. I got everything working but the mower blades will not start. If I have the wiring right I'm thinking a relay may have been shorted.

Text to 717-951-3271.

·
Registered
597 Posts
You're not that far from me but I don't have an X590 unfortunately.

Can anyone provide a wiring diagram for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
I feel like this is one of those Farmers Insurance commercials.

·
Registered
235 Posts
My buddy and I were just talking about this. Some kind of rodent chewed up the wiring harness on his Dodge and cost him over $1000.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel like this is one of those Farmers Insurance commercials.
yes. i thought of that! i pushed the mower all the way out accross the driveway and into the grass before going to get the 22. somehow he knew things were about to go south be ause he finally ran off. didnt take the shot.

·
Registered
235 Posts
We had a house trained rabbit when the kids were little. They warned us not to leave it out. The kids left it out. It ate all the wires behind the entertainment system. I was told that more recently they use a Soy based plastic in wiring. Not sure what it is, but, I'd say it goes back 40-50 years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We had a house trained rabbit when the kids were little. They warned us not to leave it out. The kids left it out. It ate all the wires behind the entertainment system. I was told that more recently they use a Soy based plastic in wiring. Not sure what it is, but, I'd say it goes back 40-50 years.
here is the temporary splicing to get it running. The pto is not working. I believe I'm missing a yellow jumper from the pto switch to the key switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
reason for thinking is currently there are two yellow wires from the pto to the mower lift plug for no good reason. has to jump to the key switch plug but not sure which terminal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
he also ate all of the wires running to the sensors on all three garage doors and knocked over my golf clubs but that was an easy fix.😀

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Keep the 22 handy, he’ll be back.

Reactions: whitecrystal1

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,885 Posts
Live trap with a mix of lettuces and other greens, then you can do what you want with it.

·
Parts collector
3,403 Posts
I'm headed to the gun shop in the next month to buy a .22 or a .17 I have 2 sheds that the hogs love to dig under. I have grandkids that come over and I don't wan them around my grandkids. my stepson had a .22 that my dad gave him but he took it when he moved out and all I have is big stuff now..

I had a hog get into my garage that i didn't know as there, I shut the door and it tore up everything.

·
Registered
597 Posts
If you aren't a good shot or if the varmint gets close, a Taurus judge with bird shot is pretty awesome. 410 #8 for squirrels, groundhogs, snakes, etc

·
Registered
370 Posts
Taurus? People actually buy those things!?
Lol just giving you crap man, the best gun is the one you have in your hand when you need it!

Groundhog huh? Not sure what they're attracted to but perhaps you could bait it and wait around in the garage for an hour or two.

·
Parts collector
3,403 Posts
If you aren't a good shot or if the varmint gets close, a Taurus judge with bird shot is pretty awesome. 410 #8 for squirrels, groundhogs, snakes, etc

3 years ago I shot 13 of them out of the back yard with a .22. I only have 5 misses in the last 15 years with that old .22. ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts