My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tractor Nut
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's fairly wet here in southwest Ohio. We've had several inches of rain in the last 24 hours with tomorrow looking the same way. Now I know these aren't flood conditions or anything, but water is starting to stand in most people's yard around me and water is streaming pretty heavily through through my property.

The moving water has moved a lot of leaves, sticks, limbs and clogged up it's exit paths in some instances, so me and the X585 have been working to free up those lodged limbs so the water can drain out of here! I've even dug some shallow culverts to help drain the water away from my house and barn.

Here's a few pics...... only took 3 unfortunately, but it was raining pretty hard the whole time I was outside.

Sitting at about 1009 hours today. Still gotta find some time to do my 1000 hour service. Hopefully I'll have a decent day in the near future where I feel like getting that done.

Happy Tractoring! :trink39:

·
Frame Swapped '88 322
1,255 Posts
Cool Pictures Hans-X585, the X585 will go through anything that gets in it's way, driving mine feels like driving a tank!

·
Super Moderator
33,699 Posts
Hmmm......outriggers that's what we need for deep water work! Looks like you were getting things dealt with effectively with that rig!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Great pics and try to stay dry. slkpk

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Looks great. It is nice to see the big X out in the elements working!
:thanku:for sharing and good luck with the 1000ish hour maintenance!:trink39::thThumbsU

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
Nothing like a little bit of mud to make a X585 feel right at home! At least we're getting rain instead of a few feet of snow that it would be if it was colder...

·
Premium Member
31,653 Posts
Hans, Great pics. :trink39::trink39:
Did your feet get wet getting off the X to take the pics? :dunno:

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Hans, thanks for taking the time to take and put up the pics. It's always nice to get some seat time this time of year. I'm not sure about you, but around here this time of year lack's in a lot of tractor use.

·
Tractor Nut
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the comments guys! This is by far the most useful machine I've ever owned. It's sure footed and strong. Despite all the mud and soggy ground, I didn't even put it into 4WD today. And, no, I didn't get my feet wet to take the pics... I was wearing my big ole Red Wing boots... they take me anywhere and keep me dry! :)

The FEL is such a versatile attachment - I use it for so many random things. It's true that this time of year doesn't give me much seat time, but what seat time I do get this time of year is usually using the FEL. The grass isn't growing, leaf cleanup is done (YES!!), and I'm basically waiting for a big snow storm to hit. This time of year I keep the FEL on to do chores like this and it is a blast.

It's been a while since I've bought anything new for my tractor. I've had it for over 8 years now and I bought all of my attachments within the first few years. I'm kind of excited because tomorrow I'll be picking up two suitcase weights for it. I've had a $100 gift card to Lowes for a while now and I figured I better use it. There's always things I could get for the house or even new tools, but this time I thought I'd treat the X to something new! I don't want it to feel like I don't care anymore lol. I ordered them online and had them shipped (for free) to my local store. I could have bought the generic suitcase weights that they had in stock, but the price difference was minimal and I figure the JD weights will hold a stronger value through the test of time.

Hmmmm, now to figure out how to attach them to the rear. A Super Heavy Hitch would sure be nice! Maybe Santa will read this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts