My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say Happy Thanksgiving to all.
I tried posting earlier today but something must have happened and I cant find my post so Im trying again.
Just about a year ago I bought this X585 and when I needed some help the members on this forum were there with some great help in getting my heater and snow blower up and running. So Im back with some more questions hoping to get steered in the right direction.
Im working with a mower deck and bagger with a power flow system. I bought this all as a package deal from a mower salvage yard in PA. Great people to work with.
This morning I got up early and went out and totally disassembled the entire deck. Things look pretty good but I plan on replacing the 2 idlers as they have a slight noise to them. I plan on cutting the old bearing out and replacing them. The setup is just like the idlers on my toro and I replaced the bearing on them and they are on the 2nd year with no issues, and bearing are only about $2. The one thing I did notice as I was taking apart the deck was that the mower blade on the left side was about 1/16th inch lower then the other 2 blades. Now these are brand new blades that have not been used yet. Also that same spindle has a different style of bolt holding the blade on then the other 2 so Im thinking that it may have been replaced along the way. I plan on painting the underside of the deck with some chasis paint which is much stronger then standard paint and should hold up longer. When I reassemble this deck I plan on installing a new belt as well.
As for the bagger here is where the questions really start. First my tractor has a cab and a 3 point hitch. I keep the cab on all year and dont want to remove it becasue of its weight and size. I was wondering, is anyone using a triple bagger with a cab on there tractor? If so can you post pics of how far back it sits behind the seat. Also it appears that I need to remove my 3 point hitch because the lower swing arms are using the same lower pivots as I need to use to mount the bagger?
I am hoping someone has a diagram of the mower and power flow that will show JD part numbers so I can cross reference them to the Stens numbers for future buying. Also if you can add any of your experience with this setup I would greatly appreciate it.
Mower deck - M054CBC040129 54C
Power Flo - GX54HPY014691 54" BLOWER092904

Rod
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Mode of transport

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I relied to your other thread as well. You should only have to remove the 3 point arms and not the rock shaft in order to use the click n go bagger.

Jdparts.com is the official parts site. Stens.com lists JD part numbers so you can search there when you find the part number of the idler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts