My Tractor Forum banner

x570 snowblower w manual lift 47 or 44

12K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  PA318Guy 
#1 ·
Hi! Does anyone have any experience with adding snowblowers to the x570 (or lower JD models) and leaving the manual lift (not getting the hydraulic/electric lift)?

I ordered the x570 which I expect to be delivered week of 6/11 ish.

I'm stressing myself out trying to decide for a snow setup so I get the 48 mo warranty with the tractor order. Based on everything i've read it seems a sure thing that blower is better than plow.

I guess I'd prefer the 47 inch b/c bigger's always better (though honestly probably don't need biggest) while I'd also like to avoid adding unnecessary upgrades I would've gotten included with 580 or 590 like hydraulic lift

My driveway (for what it's worth) is about 110 ft x 8ft up an incline and then about 40 ft x 60ft big rectangle up top that is a pain to clear with a walk-behind blower b/c I'm usually just blowing it into other spots i need to clear.

Would love to hear thoughts on my potential setup with the manual lift

thanks guys!

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a 2012 x500 so mechanical lift with a 44 blower and after one season I added the electric lift kit. Mower deck still mechanical and that is no problem but the blower gets heavy if you are constantly raising and lowering. I can’t imagine doing a 47 mechanically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
JD doesn't officially support the 47" blower on the X570, even with the electric lift. They only list it as being available for the models with the hydraulic lift (X580, X584 & X590).

#4 ·
I forgot to mention that I have over 300’ by 12 of driveway plus I do two neighbors that have double wide by about 60 ft with the 44 and it is fine so not being able to get a 47 with your requirements would not concern me. Plus it is easier to move around when not on tractor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
For the Manual spring assist Lift Only the 44inch can be Picked Up You would struggle to lift up the 47inch Blower with the Manual foot Pedal spring assist. Now if You Invest In the Newer electric lift for the X300 & X500 series which Mounts off the Front of the Manual foot Pedal spring assist lift models. You Can use the 47inch Blower. Deere & your dealer will tell You that the 47inch won't work and that it is Not for the X570. But if You buy LP64865 from your Deere dealer shown below You Can use the 47inch snow blower On the X570 or any 2016 & Beyond X300 series That has Manual lift. Though I wouldn't recommend the 47inch On anything below the X380. If You search this forum. We Had a Member here last year that Mounted a 47inch Blower on his X570 with the New LP64865 electric lift kit. and from the Video in that thread the electric lift kit can pick up the 47inch blower just fine. Here is the Link for that video So at least You Can use the 47inch Blower On the X570 if You want as Long as You buy the electric lift kit listed in the Post which will cost you about $459.00 https://www.greenpartstore.com/John-Deere-Electric-Lift-Kit-LP64865.html If You plan on just staying with the Manual spring assist lift Than the 44inch is your only real Option because You will spend Your days struggling to lift the 47inch Blower if at all without that kit
:thThumbsU

Attachments

#6 ·
Something to keep in mind...

That ~$500 for the electric lift is half way towards the x580, where you won't need the electric lift, and all that entails. Think about it. I'm sure if you talk to the dealer you can still switch your mind to the X580/47" package. Once you have a tractor with hydraulics and power steering, you will never go back.

#8 ·
@mrmagloo & @yzf125
That's exactly my fear! In short, i'm already more than i wanted to spend w. the x570, but now i'm really nervous to make the wrong decision
Here's the thread where i decided on x570 > http://www.mytractorforum.com/45-ba...w-slope-need-narrowing-what-would-you-do.html

See my last comment in my thread here where i contemplate what you guys are saying above .... hmmm... hmmmmm ... i'm going to call the dealer to understand the differences in cost. Maybe i could finance the diff

I'm trying not to have buyer's remorse. It's soon enough that I could probably swap my 570 for a 580 if I'm willing to incur the additional cost.
Seems the differences:
HDAPs on the back. Those are cool, but I probably don't need them
Power steering - sounds nice, but I also don't need
Hydraulic lift - seems like I might be wanting this, at least down the road, at some point for the blower. The add on electric lift is nearly $500. So for $500 I get the above 2 nice to haves ....

I guess I'm ok sticking with the 570, dealing with the 44"blower w manual lift for a few years, and then upgrading to electric lift at some point

That's the financially responsible thing to do.

And I'm still working with way better machines then I thought I would have at the beginning of this search.

I'm just so nervous to spend this much money and then be disappointed

#9 ·
Well Here is what I did in 2003 I bought My X485. I think I put $8,200 down then had no Payments & no Interest for 6 months I had it Paid off when the rest $6,200 was do 6 months Later or I would have had a Interest on the monthly payments.

You Might just want to bite the Bullet & get the X580 at MSRP the X580 is $1,000 more than the X570 with a 54inch deck BTW the X580 will also run the 44inch Blower if You want to save a Bit on your attachments BTW if the Dealer tell You the 44inch won't fit. Tell Him to order it anyways Because it will fit and work on the X580 :thThumbsU

#12 ·
Besides the lift thing, I'm not sure that you'd enjoy not having power steering with the 47 blower on the X570... The 48 blade already adds a noticeable difference in effort to turn the wheel, so the blowers are only going to make it harder. When I say steering is harder, I mean it requires more effort to turn the wheel when the tractor isn't moving due to weight of the blade/blower when it's off the ground.

I know it's easy for us to spend other people's money (and we love doing it! 😂), but if you really would like the 47 blower I'd try and find the little extra for the X580. I think you'll be much happier that way and won't be stuck wishing you'd upgraded, or doing like some of us did, and lose some money in the long run by upgrading within a year or so. Good luck and let us know what you ended up with!

• Helpful
Reactions: Jim16
#13 ·
Great advice from wizzo. Get what you really want. If you need just a few hundred more dollars, sell something you don't need anymore....car, boat, dog, wife 😁. I bought a new X570 and regretted not getting power steering and lift. After 2 years I traded it for a new X730. Lost a few bucks but am completely happy now. Get what you want now.

#14 ·
After moving from manual steering to power steering, I couldn't believe how much easier/better it is for both the operator and the machine to have power steering when snow blowing. Have you ever tried turning in the snow and have it grab the front wheels and turn them for you? That doesn't happen with power steering, you maintain constant easy control of steering the whole time. It is worth the extra expense IMO.

#15 ·
You do realize that this thread is from 2018 and the OP already made their choice a long time ago. Looks like it was the X580 and 47.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.