My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
+1 Don't put any more money into that original seat, as they seem to be notorious for cracking.
Here's my version of the upgrade to the X590 seat on an X394. I went with the Deere seat since my dealer was willing to play ball on a trade-in for the seat that came with the tractor.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
I agree. My first OEM seat was replaced under warranty. When the dealer began to back peddle covering my second defective seat, I made the decision to go with the X590 seat (Milsco XB-200). I'm extremely happy with that decision!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Been following these posts and felt I had to reply. This the second seat on my 322. Granted it is 20 years old but it started cracking a couple years after I put it on and now it looks like this.Don't understand why after 30 yrs JD can't fix this problem. Plan on getting a seat cover but does anyone have one they would recommend ? I know Lowes, Home Depot and Ebay sell them but any one better for the $$$. Still fits my butt so I just get on and ride.

Attachments

·
X570 Driver
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Exactly! Tractor looks like it just rolled out of the show room. I sure hope they come through on warranty.

If they don't come through for you check out the site below. They sell a high back like is on the X590 for a lot less than the OEM seat. I've heard reports that the vinyl is better on these as well. When I replace my X500 seat this is where I'm getting mine.

Thanks. I’ll post when I hear back from Deere

·
X570 Driver
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well guys, just got a call from dealer today. They said it wasn’t covered. I’ll try calling Deere corporate. If that don’t work, I’ll file a complaint with the Attorney General’s office. This is clearly a defect in materials.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Well guys, just got a call from dealer today. They said it wasn’t covered. I’ll try calling Deere corporate. If that don’t work, I’ll file a complaint with the Attorney General’s office. This is clearly a defect in materials.
Sorry your dealer isn't doing the right thing. Good idea about contacting JD Corporate. They need to know about dealers like that. Please keep us posted on your progress and Good Luck!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just got a reply from JD about an email I sent them about my seat. Tried to attach the reply but don't know how. Basiclly they told me to talk to my dealer and that they use the best material they can get. We all know this is BS.Maybe if all the deere people on this forum sent them an email they might get the message but I doubt it. Jd321i hope you get a new seat.

·
X570 Driver
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Does anyone have a 2017 or 2018 warranty publication? The one on their website is dated 2019. I’m going to file a complaint with the PA Attorney’s General office. I want to make sure I have the period specific document. My seat is clearly a defect in materials and they need to honor their warranty.

Thanks in advance.

·
Money Pit
434 Posts
Manufacture defect is manufacture defect. It seems that all models have seat issues.I wish they would stand behind their product and honor their warranty. I know of only one person, who had to fight tooth and nail, to get John Deere to warranty the factory defective paint job on his 2 year old 100 series. About 90% of the 100 series tractors I buy have to be repainted.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
X570 Driver
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Super Moderator
15,732 Posts
Not sure I would want to go back that far. ;-) JD just needs to use a bit better vinyl. The vinyl on the seat of my JD compact tractor is of much higher quality than that used on the garden tractors.
Can't really Blame Deere for that They Buy there seats In Bulk from this company Turf Care – Milsco Manufacturing Though Deere could request the company to Make a thicker Vinyl cover But The bean counters at Deere May not like the new Price for the seats (y)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Been following these posts and felt I had to reply. This the second seat on my 322. Granted it is 20 years old but it started cracking a couple years after I put it on and now it looks like this.Don't understand why after 30 yrs JD can't fix this problem. Plan on getting a seat cover but does anyone have one they would recommend ? I know Lowes, Home Depot and Ebay sell them but any one better for the $$$. Still fits my butt so I just get on and ride.
I put one of these on an Ariens my dad used as a mail getter. That means someone is on and off it 6 days a week. It's been on there for 3 years and still looks like new. Not bad for $21.

·
X570 Driver
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Ok tractor guys. I just filed my complaint with the Attorney General's office. I'll let you know how I make out.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Can't really Blame Deere for that They Buy there seats In Bulk from this company Turf Care – Milsco Manufacturing Though Deere could request the company to Make a thicker Vinyl cover But The bean counters at Deere May not like the new Price for the seats (y)
I wouldn't let Deere off the hook that easily in this case. Based on posts around here, it's clear that there's been a problem with this one seat for years, so I have to agree that it's nuts that Deere is letting this problem continue. It's not a general problem with design or with Milsco. Deere could either stop buying that particular seat from them or demand that they improve it. Other Milsco seats have a vinyl that doesn't have the same problem, so Milsco obviously knows how to do it better. The seat on my LA140 is still in perfect condition after 13 years, and the X590 seat I put on my X394 is also in new condition after three years.

If Deere didn't think it was bad enough to take either of those actions (don't use that seat or change the spec), then they shouldn't give people a hard time about making a warranty claim for it. If cost really is the driving factor, then they'd have to think that replacing some under warranty is still cheaper than solving the problem.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
No sign of any cracking on my 2014 X738, only dirty from Fall use. No cover either. Hours on the machine just passed 250. I know it’s a more expensive seat, but if you have to replace it every couple of years, it won’t take long before you spend the same amount of money. Might not fit an X3xx, but may fit an X5xx. The X3xx seat cover from Deere seems to work for my SIL’s X360.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts