My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of closing a deal with Roeder Equipment on a 2007 x540 with 162 hours!! There is a small dent in the fender and a couple of small holes in the right floor board where the PO had mounted a home made sun shade there. It should arrive on Tuesday!! This wound up being cheaper than a new x500 and is a better machine. The 1" front spindles sold me on the x540.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,158 Posts
Looks good. areas could be easy fix

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Melissa Roeder of Roeder equipment has been absolutely great to work with, I can not recommend them enough. She set up a deal for me to have the mower shipped to my door for 100 bucks less than the price that she had it listed online for. On top of that they completely service the machine: engine oil and filter, air filter, trans fluid and filter, spark plugs, clean mower deck – sharpen or replace blades – depending on need (to replace). Grease unit and wash and wax. They will also try and pop out as much of the dent as possible.

I cant wait until Tuesday..

It sure will be a nice upgrade compared to this:

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
I have always thought that Roeder seemed to have good prices. That looks like a great machine, Congrats!:greendr:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just looked up the shipping distance and they are shipping it almost 900 miles for less than their asking price on their website. If anyone is in the market for a gently used machine this is a first class outfit and deserves a look.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Congrats and enjoy it. slkpk

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice! I bet you can't wait!!!

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Hey, congrats on the "new" X540. YOu know, those few little flaws are almost an advantage -- now you won't worry about getting that first scratch or ding.

P.S. I like the little stx 30, too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, you have been sitting on the fence about this one, thinking that the 3/4 spindles just weren't getting the job done?
Well when I saw this thread http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=143935&highlight=x500 I decided that maybe the bigger spindles/bearings would be an advantage. My purchase came down to a new x500 and the new-to-me x540. Both worked out to about the same money (x540 is a little cheaper). just looking at the front wheel assembly of the x540 vs the x500 I felt more comfortable with the size of the 540. I have a brand new yard that is very rough and the mower will be taking a beating until I can get it leveled out this fall.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Pretty country your in. slkpk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My x540 was delivered yesterday!!!! I immediately put it to the test and it works perfectly. It is filthy right now from mowing the most difficult part of my yard, so I'll have to clean it before I post up pics.

The dent that can be seen in the earlier pictures is no longer present. Roeder popped it out before shipping it. Over all this is a great mower and will cut my mowing time by more than 50%.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Go ahead and post pictures, we need more pics of these machines working and getting dirty instead of all the spit & polish. Show some shined ones to so we know it is Green. :biglaugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts