My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lever for raising and lowering the deck and Blower broke. Does anyone know where I could purchase a new one? Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
The lever for raising and lowering the deck and Blower broke. Does anyone know where I could purchase a new one? Thanks for the help in advance.
no choice but a dealer, you can go the the link below to make it easier for the dealer (or to be sure its there when you get there)

www.johndeere.com choose parts

unfortunatly they won't charge you or send the part to you just to your dealer! Just deere acting like its the 1990's still! :)

·
Super Moderator
16,749 Posts
Here is the part number for the Hydraulic lift Lever M152926 up to ser# 20000 & from from 20001 and up is M155806 Hope this Helps:thThumbsU

·
Registered
130 Posts
I replaced that handle on my x534 about a year ago. It cost about 3 or 4 dollars. It is a major pain to install. Be prepared to spend 3 or 4 hours to do the job.

Mark

·
Registered
948 Posts
I replaced that handle on my x534 about a year ago. It cost about 3 or 4 dollars. It is a major pain to install. Be prepared to spend 3 or 4 hours to do the job.

Mark
Yeah, but the next time it breaks, it takes less time. Then by the time it's broken several more times, it only takes about 30 minutes to replace it. Don't ask me how I know.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Your local John Deere dealer will get it for you it's only a few dollars, I had to replace that lever on my X360 after about 8 months of use, I just replaced that lever on my X530 2 weeks ago and it is about 8 months old, they are a pain to change, but like the guys said it's easier the second time around, I didnt take the battery out the second time, but I probably should have, be sure and remove and loosen as many bolts as you can on both sides of the dash.

·
Registered
289 Posts
What part of this lever is breaking? Pictures would be a plus!
Anything we can do to ovoid this from happening?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there instructions on how to change it? Does it just snap out of the lever? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Just curious, why is this lever breaking so much and is it not covered under warranty?

·
Premium Member
8,135 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,749 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
nothing runs like a deere? sounds like a recall might be in order.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My tractor is an 08 and is no longer under warranty. I mean the part is cheap, I just wish I knew how it comes off and goes back on. I might just have to break it all the way to see how the inside looks and see how it goes back on? Mine is not broke all the way, I mean it still functions, it is just cracked a little bit. Can anyone chime in that has changed their's and explain a little bit how I can take it off?
Thanks

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Are you talking about the plastic lift handle on the dash? slkpk

·
I don't know if you can or not, but I would try to repair that
lever while it's still on the machine. Use GOOP glue all the way
AROUND the crack. Let dry for 24 hours and that lever will never
crack in that same place again.

I went with the foot lift for reasons like this. That and the fact
that when I mow I sometimes raise the deck and lower it over high
spots. With the foot lift it seems I have more control over this and
it's faster.

Anyway, just my personal preference.

Steve

·
Registered
57 Posts
Adamerabe, The first step in changing that lever is to order a new one, when you get it, take a good look at it, and you will then see there is only one way for the metal rod to be inserted into it. The second step is to remove the battery so you have room to work, Third step is get your trouble light out so you can so you can find every bolt and bracket that holds that dash together and remove some and loosen the others. Forth you have to remove the rod from the lever by unhooking the lower part of the rod and then pry the top part of the rod out of the handle. Fifth remove the lever out the top of the dash, you will have to spread your dash open some but don't over do it. Put your new lever in and get everything lined up neat before tightning all your bolts. Good luck

·
Super Moderator
16,749 Posts
Is the problem with the newer tractors. I haven't had any issues with my
GX345.
That's because it made Like it should be made on the older 325 through GX355 That probably the only thing I have seen wrong with the design on the X500 series tractors with Hydraulic lift:thThumbsU

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Adamerabe, The first step in changing that lever is to order a new one, when you get it, take a good look at it, and you will then see there is only one way for the metal rod to be inserted into it. The second step is to remove the battery so you have room to work, Third step is get your trouble light out so you can so you can find every bolt and bracket that holds that dash together and remove some and loosen the others. Forth you have to remove the rod from the lever by unhooking the lower part of the rod and then pry the top part of the rod out of the handle. Fifth remove the lever out the top of the dash, you will have to spread your dash open some but don't over do it. Put your new lever in and get everything lined up neat before tightning all your bolts. Good luck
Thank you. This is the information I was looking for. I will get the new lever ordered.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts