My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing my snowblower this afternoon. Hopefully this step-by-step instruction video will help others with their installations. Sometime this weekend I'll post a video of the Weather Enclosure installation video.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to keep the attachment videos together ... here's my 42" Tiller installation video

·
Registered
158 Posts
Very nice video! Thanks

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Great job on Video Al -- could have used that a few weeks ago when I put my 47 inch blower on, didn't know about tension release on belt- got it on but I had to he man it..LOL..ok now I look forward to your video on putting the John Deere snow cab on

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Great video - thanks for taking the time to make it. One thing I do for the suit case weights on the back. I run a bungee cord through the suit case handles and pull it tight and then hook them on the suit case handles. This keeps them from rattling around so much.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Alberta Al - 42" Tiller installation video

Well done, thank you!
I'm in the market for a 42" tiller.
We are starting a garden once the dead Ash trees are gone.

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice video! Thanks
Thanks!

Great job on Video Al -- could have used that a few weeks ago when I put my 47 inch blower on, didn't know about tension release on belt- got it on but I had to he man it..LOL..ok now I look forward to your video on putting the John Deere snow cab on
Glad you got something from the video. My frustration watching ALL of the other Tiller and Snowblower installation videos on Youtube was that they all seemed to be made by guys who forgot how difficult it was to hook it up for the first time. They always missed some crucial details.

Great video - thanks for taking the time to make it. One thing I do for the suit case weights on the back. I run a bungee cord through the suit case handles and pull it tight and then hook them on the suit case handles. This keeps them from rattling around so much.
That's a good idea :thThumbsU

Alberta Al - 42" Tiller installation video

Well done, thank you!
I'm in the market for a 42" tiller.
We are starting a garden once the dead Ash trees are gone.
If you need any advice on the Tiller let me know. You'll love it though. I've used it to rototill my garden and break new ground for my wife's new flower beds. Works very well!!!

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Alberta Al,

Just watched both videos a couple of times! Great step by step narrative on both videos. :fing32::fing32:

Your videographer (I believe your wife) definitely has a knack of where to position, when to zoom and pan the camera to correlate with your narrative. Well done.

Roger

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alberta Al,

Just watched both videos a couple of times! Great step by step narrative on both videos. :fing32::fing32:

Your videographer (I believe your wife) definitely has a knack of where to position, when to zoom and pan the camera to correlate with your narrative. Well done.

Roger
Thanks Roger! Yes, my wife was the videographer. She did a great job! She was happy to read your comment here, and on Youtube :thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Thanks for supporting the Saskatchewan Roughriders!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Excellent job! Thank you!
I don't have the snowblower attachment yet, so I bookmarked your video for future reference.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent job! Thank you!
I don't have the snowblower attachment yet, so I bookmarked your video for future reference.
Thanks! When you pick up your blower, consider adding a JD Enclosure, or OTC Cab. Makes winter that much more bearable :thThumbsU I'll post a video up today on installing the JD Enclosure.

·
322 jd. with loader
386 Posts
finally some 1 that really knows how to show us how to do vids , with out skipping parts & saying you know this about it so i wont go in detail about it & move on to 6th step jumping over 4 & 5 .
thanks even though i don't own 1 i do need some one to do 1 for a gt 242 or that kinda snow thrower that fits them
i even forgot which it is thinking a 37 A maybe i have no clue really
thanks to you & wife :thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
That video will come in handy for those that have a 540 with a 47" blower.

But I have a couple of questions directed to all the John Deere engineer's.

Why are those pulley's exposed in the horizontal position between the
snow blower and tractor?:dunno:
How are these 540 owners suppose to keep all the melting snow off these pulley's that will eventually wreck the bearings?
:dunno:

I'll bet our friendly John Deere dealerships are ordering those pulley's by the truck load.:banghead3

Oh one more thing....A plastic Shute.............:duh:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That video will come in handy for those that have a 540 with a 47" blower.

But I have a couple of questions directed to all the John Deere engineer's.

Why are those pulley's exposed in the horizontal position between the
snow blower and tractor?:dunno:
How are these 540 owners suppose to keep all the melting snow off these pulley's that will eventually wreck the bearings?
:dunno:

I'll bet our friendly John Deere dealerships are ordering those pulley's by the truck load.:banghead3

Oh one more thing....A plastic Shute.............:duh:
Yup, the bearings are a problem. After each use, and before I move the tractor back into my garage, I sweep off every bit of snow I can get to. Then I wipe out the tops of the pulleys. But as you can see from my video, they still see some corrosion. I assume the pulleys/bearings will have to be a maintenance item to be replaced at some time.

I'm OK with the plastic chute. Works well and still looks new.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
finally some 1 that really knows how to show us how to do vids , with out skipping parts & saying you know this about it so i wont go in detail about it & move on to 6th step jumping over 4 & 5 .
thanks even though i don't own 1 i do need some one to do 1 for a gt 242 or that kinda snow thrower that fits them
i even forgot which it is thinking a 37 A maybe i have no clue really
thanks to you & wife :thThumbsU
Thanks! Sounds like you might be having to make a video for the 242 :thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Yup, the bearings are a problem. After each use, and before I move the tractor back into my garage, I sweep off every bit of snow I can get to. Then I wipe out the tops of the pulleys. But as you can see from my video, they still see some corrosion. I assume the pulleys/bearings will have to be a maintenance item to be replaced at some time.

I'm OK with the plastic chute. Works well and still looks new.
I owned a 540 tractor for a year and it was a tractor from h*ll, erratic idle,
poor cut, and then the exposed pulley's on my blower.
Between my dealership and JD, I worked out a buy-back deal and settled a X720.

Tip:
On those exposed pulley's I also made sure the water from the melting snow was removed after use.
What worked best to remove the water was my leaf blower, then draped a rag over the pulley to keep additionally snow off it,
just make sure to remove it before using the tractor again.....:00000061:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Great video, thanks for taking the time to make it. Thanks for the tip about the 4x4 for the tensioner. I fight with that every year like an idiot when there was this easy solution.:banghead3

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.