My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - finally got the 47 snowblower mounted on my new X534. What a beast! And the AWS works great for maneuvering with the blower.

My only issue is that the skid pads don't have much up/down adjustment. With them all the way down it raises the scraper bar only about .5" from the ground. I have a paved driveway with a thin layer of gravel on top and I need at least an inch of clearance or else the blower becomes a plow :dunno:

Any suggestions? Do the 'heavy duty' skid pads that JD sells as an option have more travel?

Thanks for any help! :thanku:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Just curious why you have gravel over your paved driveway?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just curious why you have gravel over your paved driveway?
Yep - good question. We wanted the look of gravel but the easy maintenance of a paved surface. The gravel was steamrolled in at the time of installation. It was a bit more $s then we had bargained for but we've been really happy with the result. I've blowed it for 10 years with my old Ariens with no issues but the Arien's skid plats had more travel.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Smallholder,
:thanku: for the pics and glad hear about the manuverability with aws. I think there was a poster recently who had adjustable height casters on his snowblower
Todd

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Smallholder,
:thanku: for the pics and glad hear about the manuverability with aws. I think there was a poster recently who had adjustable height casters on his snowblower
Todd
Thanks Todd - yes, I've been studying that thread with great interest. Exactly what I need really. Unfortunately it looks like it will be a stretch for my mechanical skills...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks Todd - yes, I've been studying that thread with great interest. Exactly what I need really. Unfortunately it looks like it will be a stretch for my mechanical skills...
I think if you can find the caster/bracket assemblies than you could just drill a few holes in the area of the current skid plates and then just bolt them on

·
Registered
3,953 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
If you have hydraulic lift you can set it at the height you want and leave it there. slkpk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts