My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Got my new X520 home ( pictures to follow ) and have been looking it over carefully. The PDI done by the dealer was very poor, low on oil and antifreeze and the deck was over an inch higher in the front than the rear as well the hood has a large scuff mark ( they are replacing it ).

My question is about front wheel alignment. My wheels are visibly toed in. What is the proper alignment for them. ( I don't have shop manual yet ).

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
29,532 Posts
i think they are supposed to be toed in a little.

as to the dealer prep, i honestly think that "prep" just means take it out the crate and attach the deck as quick as possible. most have too much air in teh tires, too little oil in the resevoirs, and teh deck is so far out of level it takes a physics major to understand how to get it straight again.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
Hi

The PDI done by the dealer was very poor, low on oil and antifreeze and the deck was over an inch higher in the front than the rear as well the hood has a large scuff mark ( they are replacing it ).
And for this, they charged you......what? I hope nothing; dealer prep and setup fees are one of the biggest ripoffs in the business, I think. Not just GT's but the auto industry too. Just a way for them to squeeze you for a bit more as you go out the door, and recoup what they gave you off the retail price. A good dealer will set it up for you just because you bought it from them, and not somebody else.

Congrats on getting your 520 home. Have you had a chance to drive it yet?
If you have a smooth, hard surface, drive it there and go to about half full steering and release the wheel; see if it wants to straighten up on its own, stay in the turn, or go further into full lock. It should gradually want to straighten out. On these tractors that have such a tight turning radius, the toe in is adjusted to help prevent scuffing at full lock, but also to reduce steering effort.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts