My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a X500 with a bunch of extras.

Before I do, I will need a place to store it, so I'm planning to build a "tractor shed".

I know the foot print the tractor itself needs.

But can anyone give me a rough idea how deep a shed would need to be to comfortably fit a X500 with a snow blower attached?

And how wide the door way needs to be to get the tractor in and out with a 48" deck plus bagger hooked up?

Also, Does anyone have any tricks or hints for keeping mice away from my soon to be new "toy"? They can be a real problem in my neck of the woods.

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
412 Posts
over length of X500 80", 48" deck width 59". I am not sure of size of the 44" blower, my guess is with the Quick-hitch & blower will add 36"-48" . you would need a 6' door to get in and out with ease. For the mice, get the mice bates (green blocks) put them in your shed as soon as you get it. replace as soon as one is gone and keep them in your shed year round. When it first gets cool I use 2 a week for about 3 weeks then it slows down to 1 a mouth.

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I would go with at least a 6' door. You would want close to a foot of extra width for going thru with ease. For mice just put some moth balls under the hood and seat to keep the little buggers away.

·
Registered
124 Posts
No matter how big you build your shed, you will never have enough room for all your stuff. I know this because I have 3 sheds full of stuff and can barely get my tractor in.

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
Based on my experience you will need about 4' deeper than an average american car, for work benches, refrigerator, work stools, compressor, and a heater. 3 bays with power garage door openers.

Owners Manual X520 length 79" #44 snow blower overall length 30.5

For MICE a KATT

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
Yeah!! they can smell BAD all the way from here !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info everyone. I'm currently looking into building a 10'X14' shed with a 7' wide roll up door. Looks like it will be plenty big enough to store a x500 with all the accessories.
Thanks again
Jim

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I built a shed shop for my mower this spring and made it 24 wide by 32 long. I can park the mower in there and still have enough room to put a vehicle in behind if needed. I wish I would have made it 36 feet long.

·
MTF Member
255 Posts
A shed/garage can never be too big. I would build one as big as you have room for taking your budget into consideration. I had a Morton building built years ago. It's a 30x45 and everyone told me I was crazy because it is so big. Years later, I should of built bigger.

·
Super Moderator
17,135 Posts
Well here is a 12 X 20 shed just to show you how part of my collection is stored

·
Registered
865 Posts
my 12'x16' fits everything in my sig (no picture, sorry)

when i was building mine, everyone said you can't go too big. Except my wife. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts