My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, NO i don't have a problem, but does anyone have a wiring diagram for the X500 series? i was setting up my X500 yesterday to pull my 15 gallon sprayer. i spent 2 hours trying to talk myself into drilling a hole to mount the toggle switch and run the wire permanent but finally settled on just using it off teh power port. but while cleaning out some dirt/debris under the hood i noticed a couple extra plugs in the hraness and am curious as to what they are for. one is a relay plug in just like the safety relay uses. the other is a 2 prong plug with a dustcover on it. this one goes to teh PTO and i am guessing it is a means for a tech to work on it. i figured out what it does, but can't figure out the relay plug.

also, the 7.5A fuse in the block does not seem to go to anything. any idea on it?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have the service manual for the X500 series, but no time to look at it until tomorrow after lunch time. Make sure I get a reminder if you don't get the info before tomorrow afternoon.

.... I did look at the book quickly. The 7.5 amp fuse (Fuse 4) goes to the headlight switch. The two wires should both be red/white (one wire #70F and the other wire #72A).

For the two connectors - can you tell me the wire colors and wire numbers? I have not looked for wire numbers on the tractor yet, so I cannot tell what they look like, but they are typically two to four characters, sometimes numeric and sometime numbers with letters.

·
Registered
656 Posts
it is copyrighted material from teh tech manual. my source said that Deere has been cracking down on folks distributing it.
That would apply to copying the information from the manual.

What you CAN do is tell us the wire numbers, connector names, etc., and that should not go against any copyright laws - especially when it's a tech manual involved. Telling someone the torque specs for a particular bolt, for example, is perfectly OK. The same should apply to the wiring information.

·
Super Moderator
29,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heh, you would have to SEE this info to understand. the electrical schematics and harness breakdown section is 75 PAGES! but many of those are for testing each and every electrical system on the X5xx line.

oh, and they use an interlock module instead of a simple relay like the lower lines use. this is how it can shut down ONLY the PTO if you skip pulling the RIO. i like it because the complete shut down that lower units do has physically hurt me before when my L130 became trapped! since the X500 only kills the PTO i would hav ebeen able to back up had i been on it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
heh, you would have to SEE this info to understand. the electrical schematics and harness breakdown section is 75 PAGES! but many of those are for testing each and every electrical system on the X5xx line.
I own a copy of the tech manual.

I'm just asking for you to identify the connectors and fused line(s) by wire number and/or connector number so I can see precisely what you were referring to. There's no copyright problem with telling me that info.

·
Super Moderator
29,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh, i got you. i was not thinking about you having the manual and thought you were asking me to to list out the different wires under there!

teh connector is the diode across the PTO coil. it's sole purpose is to stop chatter that can sometimes happen when you shut off a relay.

the 7.5A fuse goes to blue wires, i have to look at them again to see what they are, but i know for a fact that pulling the fuse did NOT turn off my headlights.

it might be a few days before i can look at it again though. i am fighting a bad case of bronchitis and just honestly don't feel like going out there to the shop to do a thing! i have to come to work, and when i get home all i can do is rest.

·
Registered
96 Posts
the 7.5A fuse goes to blue wires, i have to look at them again to see what they are, but i know for a fact that pulling the fuse did NOT turn off my headlights.
That’s interesting, though there’s nothing written stone, that 7.5A fuse ( red and white wires) should be hooked into the start relay, brake switch, reverse switch, seat switch, etc…and the light switch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can anyone purchase the manual?

I own a copy of the tech manual.

I'm just asking for you to identify the connectors and fused line(s) by wire number and/or connector number so I can see precisely what you were referring to. There's no copyright problem with telling me that info.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yes, Deere sells the manuals. Many of them are available in PDF format on a CD-ROM.
http://manuals.deere.com

Deere is cracking down on illegal distribution of the PDF files. If you buy it, you're welcome to talk about it, but don't post it on the Internet for others to download.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts