My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a video I shot of the X500 backing up a ditch. This my answer any questions on how good the traction on the X500 with HDAP tires is.BTW the bagger is empty. Enjoy!

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi

Those tires are impressive. I don't think turfs would have done the job on that hill.

Cheers
Brian

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've been pretty impressed with my Turf tires on my X500. It sure goes up some steep wet grass hills I was skeptical of when I bought the Tractor. Never had a need to try it in reverse.

Next time I have it fired up I'll be giving it a reverse test run. I've got plenty of hills to test it on. Pictures Here:

Loren :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
I think you'll notice the biggest difference between the turfs and HDAPs when the surface gets wet and/or loose on grades. I managed to get my x500 with HDAPs stuck the other day - thought the usually wet area of the yard was dry enough and the HDAPs were invincible. Had the wheels in 3" of mud shortly thereafter and had to shovel in dirt/gravel behind to get out!

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
JD-Jeff, nice collection of photos. Watched the tractor race, and all I got to say is:

Dang it, Dale and Boomhauer, those are high end precision mowing machines, and to be respected. You two denigrate everything Moline engineers strove to produce by racing those things down the sidewalk like a couple of hoodlums. No I don't want another beer Bill.

·
X500 owner
21 Posts
JD-jeff I remember when you posted that video a couple years ago. Looking at your album is kinda scary for me. I also had a GT235 then an X500 with HDAP tires, and loads of tonka trucks. Looks like you have a Kubota BX now. I guess I better get out and by one of those too. Great minds think alike.:trink39:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I have a hill to mow that's probably just a bit steeper than that, and of course, takes longer to get up it and it's probably 40-50ft driving distance from bottom to top give or take. We've been mowing it with our old Ariens 934 Garden Tractor for over 23 years, but we think it's time for a new tractor. How well do you think that X500 will handle that time after time? (It's one of the tractors we've been looking at, and I think I'm down to either the X500 or 2354GXLS Husqvarna). Don't mean to hijack the thread, but it's the closed slope I've seen yet on the forum to compare to my hill.

·
X500 owner
21 Posts
I aerate my neighbors place and he has a huge hill on his yard. I pull a weighted aerator straight up the hill with no problem. I don't know what the grade is, but I would flip over sideways if I didn't approach it straight on. It goes right up with the HDAP tires and the diff locked. I may not have the guts to try it with a tractor without those features.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts