My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
I'm shopping remotely for my mother. Hoping to order parts before heading over to install.
She has the JD X500 and I'd like to find a snow plow for it. I've found a number of plows online on FB Marketplace but none of them have come with any kind of lift mechanism. Is this something I should be able to find separately? Local dealers around here are great folks but usually operate outside of my budget. Could someone send me in the direction of all the parts I'll need to collect?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
17,123 Posts
Well circled In red In the diagram Below are what You need to Mount On the Tractor In order to Lift the Blade Basically it's front Rocker shaft I can recommend 4 Dealerships Outfits to check with for a Used Blade and They all ship Riding Mowers » Roeder Outdoor Power & All Inventory | AHW, LLC the own the green Parts store Here is another Buck Bros Inc. and finally Holland and Sons | Northern Illinois John Deere Dealer | New and Used Tractors, Mowers, Combines, Sprayers, Planters Hope this Helps (y)
Screenshot_2020-10-18 John Deere Parts Catalog(1).png

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,455 Posts
Is your mother able to lift the blade with her leg? The X500 should have the lift assist spring that you will need to readjust the tension to make the blade easier to lift. If she's not able, Deere sells an electric lift kit that you can buy to lift the blade. When I bought mine years ago it was priced at $400 (my dealer sold it for about $300 because of a JD coupon), but have no idea what it costs now. The kit is easy to install, easier than the regular lift actually because you don't have to crawl under the machine to hook up the shorter rod.

I don't know what the parts cost for the lift above, but Deere is pretty proud of the lift rods and the 4 c-shaped ends, so it's probably not cheap. I went with the electric because I got a deal and the smaller rod which goes up in between the frame rails kept popping off. Let's just say it's a real fun job to crawl under machine in pile of snow to reattach the darn thing.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Have a close look at Sergeant's diagram. My original X500 came with NONE of those blade mounting parts. So, when I bought my new JD blade, it included everything shown in his posted diagram, including all he circled rock shaft parts, and all the rest too.

Carefully check your mother's X500 to see what is there. If there was never a blade mounted to it, you'll need every part in Sergeant's posted diagram including brackets #20 and #25, all of the associated pins and do dads, along with the rock shaft parts circled in red.

I don't trust sellers, that they have saved or even included all of the required mounting parts. Those tend to get left in boxes in the attic or garage or just lost in the "off season". Bravo if they do keep them and include in the sale, but if they don't, you're out ordering stuff at added cost.... sometimes a lot of added cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts