My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
On my X590 ,did some loader work yesterday. Got 18 yards of topsoil delivered last week- used about 12 yards of it patching huge hole 70 foot maple left in lawn when it was taken down last fall, Was able to dump soil on lawn and back drag it to level and smooth it out. Back dragging was a bit tricky since the electric loader has no "float" so I would go over it in small increments to level it out- wouldnt have wanted to do 2 acres that way, but for my use it wasn't bad. Anyway got that done last week, yesterday I was using remaining soil to level out some low areas in back yard . On one side of yard close to fence the yard drops off, I was able to build that up with the loader, was nice I could reach around obstacles ( small bushes ) and apply topsoil exactly where it was needed. Later in week or early next week I'll have 10 yards of mulch delivered- that will be a breeze with Little Green Monster ( mulch much lighter than topsoil) so far the loader has met or exceeded my expectations.Its a working S.O.B.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
On my X590 ,did some loader work yesterday. Got 18 yards of topsoil delivered last week- used about 12 yards of it patching huge hole 70 foot maple left in lawn when it was taken down last fall, Was able to dump soil on lawn and back drag it to level and smooth it out. Back dragging was a bit tricky since the electric loader has no "float" so I would go over it in small increments to level it out- wouldnt have wanted to do 2 acres that way, but for my use it wasn't bad. Anyway got that done last week, yesterday I was using remaining soil to level out some low areas in back yard . On one side of yard close to fence the yard drops off, I was able to build that up with the loader, was nice I could reach around obstacles ( small bushes ) and apply topsoil exactly where it was needed. Later in week or early next week I'll have 10 yards of mulch delivered- that will be a breeze with Little Green Monster ( mulch much lighter than topsoil) so far the loader has met or exceeded my expectations.Its a working S.O.B.
My mulch supplier is in "Michigan lockdown" so I have to wait. I need 20Yds.
Today I completed putting inner tubes in the front tires of my X530. Next up is full maintenance....Engine and Trans. Then replacing the front spindle bushings. Lots to do!
Then I turn to garden prep. The Wife is in charge of what we plant, I'm in charge of ground prep....around here I'm known as "The Poo and Dirt Man".

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My mulch supplier is in "Michigan lockdown" so I have to wait. I need 20Yds.
Today I completed putting inner tubes in the front tires of my X530. Next up is full maintenance....Engine and Trans. Then replacing the front spindle bushings. Lots to do!
Then I turn to garden prep. The Wife is in charge of what we plant, I'm in charge of ground prep....around here I'm known as "The Poo and Dirt Man".
Ok...X530 maintenance is done. Haven't received the bushings yet. Garden has been "cultivated" with a TSC disc/harrow. Will run the Hiller at planting time (Mother's Day or so) and put down the drip irrigation. I might try to get mulch next week.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Well my X590 only has 20 hrs on it, so it doesn't need anything right now. Still looks and smells brand-new. On the other hand, my 130# Deere spreader needed much overdue attention this past week. I actually had a tire/tube blow out while fertilizing last week. The other tire was on the verge of blowing out as well. So I went to tractor supply and picked up 2 new tires with tubes and installed those. While I was at it, I took and lubed and greased everything all up. Then I ordered the grate and hopper cover from agri-fab (they make 130# model for Deere). The cover fits well and the material seems decent. The grate looks and fits very nice, but it is just plastic. Hopefully it'll hold up.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just finished installing a Universal Suspension Seat I got at Tractor Supply on my X530. Incredible difference!!! I went across some very rough ground and my bad back never complained! Easy to install.
SC

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Any pictures of the seat on your x530.

Just finished installing a Universal Suspension Seat I got at Tractor Supply on my X530. Incredible difference!!! I went across some very rough ground and my bad back never complained! Easy to install.
SC

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well, first off, my X540 sheared the PTO bolt for the second time. Hope to get it back Monday or Tuesday. The other thing I'm too embarrassed to admit. But, since you don't know me, what the heck. A month or so ago I had my 52" walk behind in the shop for an electrical problem, so I took the X540 out to mow the 7 lawns I do for seniors. The very first lawn, I park my truck and trailer on the side of the road. I have plenty of room to go between the truck and a telephone pole. Did I mention this was the very first lawn since my walk behind went down? Well, I'm mowing between my brand new F150 and the pole. It's a very gentle slope to the left. I've parked and mowed in this manner for 3 years.When I got to the pole, the uphill tire started to spin. I had the front tires turned to the right to go around the pole. When the tire started to spin, I stepped on the axle lock button. Since I was mowing, I was at full throttle. Have you ever stepped on the axle lock button with the tires turned, and the tractor just pushes the tires straight anyway. Before I could react, it jumped, slightly to the left and down hill, and smashed into the bumper of my brand new F150. That $800 green hood blew up into a sparkling spray of JD green. So, now I'm looking at the $370 dollar hoods on ebay. All of my trim pieces and vent pieces are good. I went to my farm in WV last Wednesday and brought my 265 home for back up if anything else goes wrong, Joe.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Have you ever stepped on the axle lock button with the tires turned, and the tractor just pushes the tires straight anyway.
This is why I like AWS. With 2WS, I have had the tractor go straight when the wheels are turned too much when stopped without needing to engage the difflock I didn't have on my X300.

Sorry about your hood. That is an expensive mistake/accident.

·
Premium Member
7,691 Posts
When the tire started to spin, I stepped on the axle lock button. Since I was mowing, I was at full throttle
Full throttle doesn't matter. I always run at Wide Open Throttle (WOT) when mowing and the speed of the tractror is controlled by how far you push the hydro control pedal. If you let off of the pedal completely the trctor should come to a stop even when the throttle is at WOT. It sounds like you had the forward pedal for the hydro pushed too hard. Anyway, sorry to hear about your expensive mishap.

We mowed last week (me on the X500 and the wife on the X530) and will be pulling the cart today to bring all of the stuff in my house to the RV to load it up for camping season. It's been sitting winterized for far too long. If it wasn't for the Covid-19 lockdown we would have been on two camping trips already this year. Can't wait until we finally get out there. We've been cooped up too long.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Did this with my Ram 1500 backing in heavy wet snow, close to a tree. It stopped for a second, so I gave a tiny throttle. Front's spun, not even a full rotation, and it slipped 90 degrees sideways about 20 inches. Just enough to crush the driver's side rear view mirror. The heated, motorized, folding one. Trust me, they don't "fold" when pushed from 90 degrees!! I recall that one cost me close to $400 bucks for parts.

·
Registered
854 Posts
We are just starting to get into the warmer part of Spring here in central Alberta, Canada. So yesterday I removed the weather enclosure and snowblower, and attached the rototiller. Today I'll be rototilling our 50'x 50' garden as well as our neighbour's three garden plots. Then hopefully I'll have time to attach the mower deck. Our grass is starting to get green and will need to be mowed fairly soon.

Each spring I remember my first year of owning the tractor. It took HOURS to figure out how to attach the rototiller the first time. The JD Manual sucks for instruction. Now it takes about 7 minutes to fully attach it. So easy. The thing that now takes the longest is cleaning up the tiller after I'm finished with our gardens. It takes about an hour to make sure the tiller is ready to put away until Fall.

Happy X5__ series day to everyone. And Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Any pictures of the seat on your x530.
Here are the pics on the TSC seat on my X530. Seat is mounted to the fender deck and is shown all the way back. It depresses 1.5 inches with my 215lbs on it and tension set at about half.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Full throttle doesn't matter. I always run at Wide Open Throttle (WOT) when mowing and the speed of the tractror is controlled by how far you push the hydro control pedal. If you let off of the pedal completely the trctor should come to a stop even when the throttle is at WOT. It sounds like you had the forward pedal for the hydro pushed too hard. Anyway, sorry to hear about your expensive mishap.

We mowed last week (me on the X500 and the wife on the X530) and will be pulling the cart today to bring all of the stuff in my house to the RV to load it up for camping season. It's been sitting winterized for far too long. If it wasn't for the Covid-19 lockdown we would have been on two camping trips already this year. Can't wait until we finally get out there. We've been cooped up too long. View attachment 2456381
That's an impressive rig! Like a hotel on wheels! Must be really "roughing it" when you go camping.
I don't "camp" since I spent a year in the boonies of Vietnam. Camping, to me, is a Holiday Inn!!!!
I might go with you, though!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
JB Jr on the X530....moved 15yds of mulch over the last 3 days....5 more to go. It rained 2" the day the 20yds was delivered...so now the mulch is twice as heavy. No problem for the X530! Stopped mulching long enough to mow 2.5 acres. (with the wife's zero turn)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts