My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might sound stupid,but give me a chance to explain? X300 did not move when parked w/o brake on , (or roll down my driveway w/o brake on.) X500 you can push forward but not backwards w/o brake,and will roll down my driveway. Where as the X300 doesn't do what the X500 does.Does this make sense?:dunno:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Sounds like a neutral position adjustment on the tranny. Does not sound like it is adjusted for the exact center of the neutral range. The technical manual explains this adjustment.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,548 Posts
X500s just don't like to sit still -- they want to get up and run!!! :dogrun:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah at 760lbs plus my 200lbs I could see it wanting to roll forward.I am glad it is normal..

·
Premium Member
9,109 Posts
I've got the opposite situation. my X500 stays put when you let off the forward & reverse pedals, but my X304 will roll forward if stopped on a slight incline, but not backward. I assume that it's just an adjustment as someone already said, but it never worried me enough to do anything about it yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.