My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to go with the x500. Thanks a TON to whoever sent me the link to Bee's Sports, I got my local dealer to match their price quote for the mower and the options. I'm no expert but it looks like I'm getting a pretty good deal, what do you guys think?

x500 - $4599

Options: $1624
48 in Front Blade
Manual Angling Kit
Rear Tire Chains
Brush Guard
Mulching Kit
17P Poly Cart

Out the door with tax = $6596

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
The base price is great.

You could have done a lot better on those chains from a 3rd party site such as tirechains.com. Also if wheel weights are in your future, Jims Tractors can save you a bit with their generic cast weights.

All said and done though, that is a great price.

Congratulations.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've decided to go with the x500. Thanks a TON to whoever sent me the link to Bee's Sports, I got my local dealer to match their price quote for the mower and the options. I'm no expert but it looks like I'm getting a pretty good deal, what do you guys think?

x500 - $4599

Options: $1624
48 in Front Blade
Manual Angling Kit
Rear Tire Chains
Brush Guard
Mulching Kit
17P Poly Cart

Out the door with tax = $6596
Most excellent! Guess you have a pretty good dealer there to work with! I never would have thought that they would match Bee's Sports prices! :fing32:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saved me a pretty good drive. I guess at the end of the day a sale with a small profit is better than no sale with no profit. I'm glad I could stay local, benefits the both of us in the long run.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think you did very well, congrats! Smart move to get the optional manual angling kit for your front blade. Much more convenient than stepping off the tractor to change the angle. Even with the tire chains you might want to get four suitcases of weight for traction.

Have fun with your new ride! :fing32:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How did the conversation go with your dealer?
Went out and took a look at the dealership earlier in the week.

Then I went about collecting additional info on the switch from the x320 up to the x500. I decided that it would be in my best interest to go with the x500 and then started solicitating prices with options. I even entertained the possibility of spending more and going up to a Kubota 2110 diesel.

Got the quote from the local dealer and simply said I'd prefer to stay local if they could compete price-wise from the best quote I received. They matched it and that sealed the deal.

I was prepared to travel and pick it up since I was saving a lot of coin.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Congrats on the X500!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Went out and took a look at the dealership earlier in the week.

Then I went about collecting additional info on the switch from the x320 up to the x500. I decided that it would be in my best interest to go with the x500 and then started solicitating prices with options. I even entertained the possibility of spending more and going up to a Kubota 2110 diesel.

Got the quote from the local dealer and simply said I'd prefer to stay local if they could compete price-wise from the best quote I received. They matched it and that sealed the deal.

I was prepared to travel and pick it up since I was saving a lot of coin.
Awesome. Sounds like you got a great deal and great dealer to work with.

·
Registered
97 Posts
great choice with the x500!

had mine since the spring, and love it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is a great deal. The best my dealer would do was 5k before taxes and I thought that was a pretty good deal. (I think the x540 that is arriving on Tues for the same price including all taxes and fees is a better deal though :)) If my dealer had gone to $4600 I would probably be in an x500 right now

·
Super Moderator
35,833 Posts
Well the x500 owners are weighing in and letting you know how you did. Congrats on the new tractor and of course pictures will be wanted by all!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wife is good with the purchase, especially after I told her within 3 years it pays for itself versus what we would be shelling out to a landscaping service.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts