My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I would like to be able to add suit case weights to the front when I pull my trailer but my bumper on my X500 won't take them I need the bumper off a X520/540 I asked about ordering that bumper but the hoods are diff. I was told there was a thread about this at one time and I have searched don't know if I'm not putting in the wrong key words or what. Has anyone treid this or see the thread about it? Thank you.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess they changed some things after ser# 30000 and that one won't work.

·
Super Moderator
32,559 Posts
We have the technology, we can rebuild them, better, stronger, faster.........! How much different are the mounts than the earlier S/N models? Something that can be easily modified?

·
Registered
317 Posts
How big of a trailer are you pulling that you need weights on the front? My boat has about 150lb tounge weight 14" behind the rear axle and it doesn't even think about getting light in the front end.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its 10' utility trailer It does not lift the front end it just tends to push the front tires when I turn and mess up the grass.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
I order that front weight/hitch plate last week (AM133952)

I will receive it sometimes this week so I will post a thread (with picture of course :D) on how to install it.:fing32:

Front weight braket.jpg
(click to enlarge)

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,976 Posts
its 10' utility trailer It does not lift the front end it just tends to push the front tires when I turn and mess up the grass.
Good luck, hope this helps you. I pull a 5'x10' utility trailer loaded with a face cord of oak and haven't seen any tendancy to push front wheels. My trailer is almost perfectly balanced, and I can usually chuck a chunk of fire wood to one end or the other to make it balanced. I often switch the trailer from tractor out of the woods to truck on driveway for delivery.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you buy your weights yet? If so how much were they from the Deere dealer if you don't mind me asking?
I have not gotten the weights yet I need to get the bumper on first.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I order that front weight/hitch plate last week (AM133952)

I will receive it sometimes this week so I will post a thread (with picture of course :D) on how to install it.:fing32:

View attachment 121685
(click to enlarge)
SWEET thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts