My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the common way to get a front bumper for the X500? I don't understand why bumper are only made for the X100 (double bar) and X300 (single bar)?

The only option I'm seeing is a brush guard. Is the brush guard a better option for a front bumper? Is there a better aftermarket?

Thanks,
Jake

·
Registered
132 Posts
For some reason I'm thinking the brush guard of the X300 is the same as the X500. With that being said, I have it on my X300 and I love it. Not only does it cut down on the scratches from branches but it keeps my grill from getting busted when working in my mini forest.

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
The brush guard will fit both 300s and 500s, well worth the 111 bucks.
I like mine very much, and very easy to install.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Couple years ago I found mine on ebay. I don't see any listings now. Mine is a single bar. I don't even see it on the Deere site under attachments. Hmmm... discontinued?

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,455 Posts
Its still on the Deere page, you just have to look for it in the Tractor Protection & Appearance section. Located below a few items below the Brush Guards and above the Weather Enclosure. Got mine from the dealer for $55, but at only twice that the Brush Guard probably looks a lot better:fing32:

·
Registered
116 Posts
How about a bumper or weight bracket for a GT275? (not to hijack). The hood and bumber on these tractors are very weak.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I got one just back in the middle of June. It was 69 bucks. Easy to install 4 bolts. When I called they had all kinds in stock.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Way to big a tractor for a teeny tiny front bumper. Mancard revoked if you put it on! lol. In all seriousness, the brush guard looks bad ***, and is well worth the price.

You be the judge...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Best bumper there is:fing32:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does the brush guard really serve much function? I can't imagine using the machine going through damaging brush. If there's brush, I'd prune or weed-eat the brush.

If anyone has an example of a brush guard saving their machine from damage, I'd like to hear about it.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
You can find many members here on the forum were the brush guard saved the hood.

Do a search on "brush guard" you'll see. :)

This is what I done for my X300.

bumper.jpg
(click to enlarge)
Here a other member who did the same.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does the brush guard really serve much function? I can't imagine using the machine going through damaging brush. If there's brush, I'd prune or weed-eat the brush.

If anyone has an example of a brush guard saving their machine from damage, I'd like to hear about it.
I'm wondering the same thing myself. I usually see nothing but beautifully kept homes sitting on beautifully manicured lawns in these posts (the anal lot that we are). What part of your yard requires the same brush guard Mick Dundee has on his Outback excursion truck? :)

I went with the single bar bumper in the out chance I bump up against a tree or the corner of the house. It does come in handing when your chasing down Bunnies too. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,320 Posts
Do you have to take the brush guard and weight bracket off to mount the 48" plow blade or the tractor shovel?

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
Do you have to take the brush guard and weight bracket off to mount the 48" plow blade or the tractor shovel?
the regular front plate (x300, X500 without front weight bracket)

You don't have to remove it, but the X520 and up whit the the weight bracket, if you install a Johnny bucket you have to remove it and install the regular plate.

johnny bucket.JPG
(click to enlarge)

·
Registered
12 Posts

I bought the brush guard because of its tough appearance, but now I find it very useful when moving my x540 around in my garage.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have one I'd sell you.... It's brand new... I got it with my tractor, then got my JBJR a couple weeks later, so its only been mounted a couple of times.... Message me if you are interested...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts