My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
hellobudcat here well I broke down & bought the lift kit $330 plus tax If I'm reading manual correctly I think I can leave the elec wiring stuff on but must remove everything else Am I right? Install in 15 minutes?! That usually means2 8 hr days for me Any suggestions or comments? thanks everyone. also I saw a new X738 WOW! my X500 look like a giant lawnmower, the X738 look like a small tractor. Going into my third season with the X500 have roughly 30 HRS on it including mower and snowblower meanwhile my 1988 Craftsman 18 HP is running pretty good, rear end leaks a bit. Thanks everyone.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Taking your time it should only take about 1/2 hour to an hour to initially install. Just make REAL sure that when you route the wire that connects to the actuator that no moving part or steering part or lift part will hit the wire and watch out for the parking brake mechanism and the deck lift mechanism and the mower and drive belts clear by a wide area.

For off season you'll remove the actuator and the lift rod that runs to the front. You can leave all the electrics in place. I always put a small plastic bag around the electrical connector that connects to the actuator and zip tie it for peace of mind.

Instructions say you can leave the rear actuator bracket on and it seems that the belt tension rod on the mower deck will clear it but best to remove it cause it can hit and cause problems when the mowing deck is raised.

Great price... how did you get that deal?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips. I told the guy gimme a good deal maybe I'll buy it...I think it's the same one that was sitting there last fall, he probably wanted to rotate stock plus I have spent a bunch of money there...x500, snowblower, stihl weedwacker & chainsaw, and the brushguard which was kinda overpriced I think. Budcat

·
Banned
32 Posts

I mounted my switch in a different place than the instructions recommend. Forward is down and backward is up. Since I'm using my left hand to work the chute it's easy to work the switch mounted on the left.

You'll love the lift kit when blowing snow on a gravel driveway. Just set the blower an inch or so above the gravel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts