My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Look at some of the recent posts in this forum. Someone is selling th single bucket holder for $29.

Yes, I think a bucket on the mower is a darn handy thing for those littel itmes you always seem to misson your pre-mow walkthrough of the yard.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think I would go with the double, been toying with the idea myself for the wife and her gardening and as a counterweight in the winter when plowing.

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
I'll probably get them and fill them with sand or sand salt combo, and skip the suitcases since I all ready have wheel weights and chains

·
Registered
431 Posts
I prefer the single myself, because it doesnt take up the hitch so i can pull a attachment if i needed too and not have to take the buckets off. :p

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
I prefer the single myself, because it doesnt take up the hitch so i can pull a attachment if i needed too and not have to take the buckets off. :p
Say it does what ?? Why ?? May need to rethink this !!
Does JD tell you this !! or do they tell you you cant get front suitcases and have a brush guard To fit together either, Do they test anything or just say the consumer will let us know!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't tell how it attaches. The buckets appear to be hanging in mid-air. I looked at the back of my X500 and there are holes there to mount something. I think its just a couple of metal hoops that the buckets sit in.

Other photos here.

I'll take the plunge and see. This idea is perfect for smaller stuff that you don't want to hook up the cart for.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have had BOTH on my X540.
The double does use the hitch hole! The reason I returned it for the single!!!
The double set-up is really solid compared to the single. However if you zip tie the 2 braces together, it feels much stronger and won't rattle.

Here is a picture I took when I was trying to come up with a way to use it AND have a trailer. That is when I relized that even if it did NOT use the hitch hole, the buckets hang down so low that they would interfere with the hitch!

I now just have the single bucket and it is fine. Even looks good with the 10P behind it!
Note how high the bucket is...

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
Only backs up what I said before. Does JD think no one uses a brush guard and suit cases or a trailer hitch and double buckets ??. The could have made that second hole at the factory.
Brian They will just have to have you pre test new models:sidelaugh

·
Registered
289 Posts
Only backs up what I said before. Does JD think no one uses a brush guard and suit cases or a trailer hitch and double buckets ??. The could have made that second hole at the factory.
Brian They will just have to have you pre test new models:sidelaugh
You were not the first to say that...
Through my dealer and because of my location (Lancaster PA) we are working directly with Superior Tech on these issues. Hopefully there "could" be a new version of the double bucket... No promises and don't even ask for any more info:lalala:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It appears they both have their benefits. I like the idea of two buckets though and that they are lower... as far as lifting them up and out goes (bad back). I can't see myself using the buckets and the cart at the same time so the hitch thing won't be an issue.

This is very helpful. Thanks for posting the pictures.

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
You were not the first to say that...
Through my dealer and because of my location (Lancaster PA) we are working directly with Superior Tech on these issues. Hopefully there "could" be a new version of the double bucket... No promises and don't even ask for any more info:lalala:

You can count on my mentor and me !!!!!!!!!:ROF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts