My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am fabricating a bracket to connect a standard MC519 cart to an x495 (I am too cheap to pay JD $85 for a bent piece of steel bar with some holes). I have the bracket built but need to figure out where to drill the holes to attach it to the cart tongue.

Does anyone have any pictures of an MC519 cart that is setup for an x485/495/585/595 or an x700 series tractor? I am looking for where the U shaped hitch part is positioned on the cart itself.

I am running a 62C deck on the x495.

I have a different cart already setup for a 332 but I doubt that the offest is the same.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,643 Posts
Here's some closeups of the hookup for my MC519 cart on my X748. You can get the spacing for the holes by looking at the number of holes and you know the width of the bracket. I also included the slide lock that locks the "C" bar in place on the latch pins, and the pins and pin brackets, which are also the lower lift arm pins.

Attachments

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,643 Posts
The dealer set the offset when I got the MC519 and PowerFlow. I changed it by one bolt hole and the chute still clears the fender. I changed my offset to get the cart wheels to line up more closely with the tractors tires, to make it easier when loading the tractor and cart on a trailer with relatively narrow ramps. It also moved the cart dump release out of the way of my 3-pt lift upper lift arms, they interfered when starting up a steep slope or trailering the combo. Here's a couple more pics, if you can use them. The offset you see here is the original, I moved the trailer tongue one bolt left (moved the bracket right) when I changed it.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KHodges,

Thanks - that is exactly what I was looking for.

Frank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts