My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a X485 and was cleaning it up good the other day and noticed I had some wiring all loose around the starter and I tied it up all nice and neat and now it won't run. It appears I am not getting power from the switch to the start module. Does anyone have a schematic for this mower they can send me so I can check everything out before buying this new part?

Thx

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
might try undoing what you did to find the problem
I tried that with no success. The start module I thought used to have a LED light up when the key was on, but it doesn't now and neither do any of the gauges on the dash. There is power at the key, but it doesn't appear to ever get to that module, I was just wondering if there was anything else between the two I needed to check. The module is all cobbled up anyway with wires soldered to it and what not so I was going to replace it anyway because I figured the first time I washed it, I would have problems. Guess it is possible I might of got it wet when I was trying to clean up some of the other areas.

I will have to see if I can find anything at the JD link.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone happens to have a wire diagram they would be willing to send a copy of to me that would be great so I can eliminate everything else besides the module.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check the two fuses on the circuit board.
After trying to trace all the wire with no success and tearing everything apart I finally called my local dealer and was able to find a nice enough service tech and he let me look at their online service manual and gave me schematics for the cranking circuit otherwise I wouldn't even be this far.

Alright here is what I have found out so far, apparently one or both of the safety wires, one is Pnk/Blk and the other is Yel off the circuit board are shorted to ground so I went thru and disconnected the brake switch safety and the PTO and they still are shorted so next I jumpered the safeties completely out right at the circuit board and now I get the green LED to light on board and can get the mower to crank over now. Apparently I have a dead short to ground somewhere in the safeties which are enough to make the solder flow around the terminals on the fuses for the circuit board but not blow the fuses, go figure.

I can crank the engine now, but the fuel pump isn't coming on, I need to get a copy of the schematic for the fuel circuit now to see what safeties I may be missing since I have all the connectors off the safeties. Anyone else have any suggestions or know where at the safeties are prone to fail? I need to go back thru and check all the wires now and eliminate it down to one safety. I am guessing now that to turn the fuel pump on it has wires going thru one of the very safeties I have disconnected, but without a schematic I can prove that. Guess if I can figure it out today I will have to see if I can get some more of the schematic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts