My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
X475 pot won’t engage if I jump power too pto on back of switch it will engage and if jump power to the reverse on back of switch the switch will work even after jumper is removed but the reverse light stays on and will stop working. Until you shut mower of or push brake and will not work again until power is applied to reverse terminal again it is a new pto switch please help

·
Registered
41 Posts
Until you shut mower of or push brake and will not work again until power is applied to reverse terminal again it is a new pto switch please help
That might be the Reverse implement option (RIO) switch. It is designed to shut the PTO off when you go in reverse. I don't know exactly where it is at on the x475 but I am guessing it is by the reverse pedal or follow the linkage. Clean it off, and squirt some contact cleaner in it and see if it works. If not try to bypass it, there are probably instructions on how to disable it. It will no longer shut off if you go in reverse but otherwise it should work fine. Then you know it is the switch and you can replace it. It has something to do with the high/low signal and the computer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts