My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My John Deere x360 has a small leak at the transaxle. When the transaxle was serviced 2 years ago, noticed a small leak afterwards. The dealer checked and re-tightened the lines. They told me at the time it should be good, but if it does return the only way, they can fix it is by removing the fender pan, and replacing the line, as the line that was showing leakage was on the top. The problem being that my OTC cab is on the tractor and would have to be removed. The leak stopped. A few weeks ago, the idler pulley for the drive belt burnt out. While the dealer was replacing it, I asked if they could check to make sure there was no further leaks. Service guy said he noticed a little oil, but he wiped it off. Since then I have a constant drip. That’s the long short story. The QUESTION I have does the fender pan really need to come off to replace the upper line? I have just put the OTC cab back on and have rewired all the lights and wiper for winter. This was a long and involved process to get done and I really do not want to remove it again for any reason let alone to remove the fender pan. I was hoping this line could be replaced without that process. Might I add that when the original leak happen the tractor was still under warranty, that has since expired.
Thanks, sorry to be so long winded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts