My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the cab I am making for my X324. I am almost done with the frame work. I just need to do some gusset work and straighten some things up. Next phase will be the door framing and hardware. Im still debating the cost effectiveness of all plexiglass but thats a bit down the road. enjoy!

Attachments

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looks like that frame will be very sturdy. slkpk

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...not bad for only $150 bucks so far. Your right it is very sturdy the way it is right now. I can shake the frame and the whole machine shakes!

Anyone know what the limit is on the alternator? im thinking of making this thing look like daylight when I get the skin on. Im not adding any hazard lights or any rotators. im thinking of adding at least 4 flood style lights. one each side of the roof.

·
MTF Poster
101 Posts
Nice looking build so far. It'll be interesting to see how much cheaper you end up then an OTC cab. Although sometimes it's more fun to build your own regardless of the cost.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
Nice! it's look familiar,,,,, :fing02:

About the lights if you put regular flood lights (35 watts tractor style) you only can put 3, 3 lights of 35 watts draw around 9 amps and your charging system is only 15 amps.

Unless you go wit LED. :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice! it's look familiar,,,,, :fing02:

About the lights if you put regular flood lights (35 watts tractor style) you only can put 3, 3 lights of 35 watts draw around 9 amps and your charging system is only 15 amps.

Unless you go wit LED. :)
thank you sir...I may go LED so I can light up the night!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Great job on the cab frame. Please keep the updates and pictures coming.

·
Super Moderator
33,821 Posts
Looking at it I was thinking it might need a couple of diagonal pieces for rigidity but you said you already tested that. Looks like a very nice sized cab for your x324!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Very nice :thThumbsU, keep us up to date on the progress.
Todd

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Anyone know what the limit is on the alternator? im thinking of making this thing look like daylight when I get the skin on. Im not adding any hazard lights or any rotators. im thinking of adding at least 4 flood style lights. one each side of the roof.
Look great, looking forward to following your progress. :thThumbsU

You may want to consider these led's from one of our sponsors, they seem to work very well and draw only a little power.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=168583

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
heres some more updates...i have all the bracing in place. the front pillars and cross members are in place for the doors. the rear braces are in place also. I did find a hole under the footwells that i used to mount a brace for the cab too.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
looking great.

I'm thinking all plexi is too heavey and fragile, I think just some light luan or something, might be a better choice. If yo seal the luan it will hold up agains the snow just fine... (and its cheap!) After all you are just trying to block the wind.

Of course a plexi windhsield is good, with a wiper...

Q: How will you open your hood??

only one door seems to make things a whole lot easier to build too, and I have only ever used one door on mine!

keep the pics coming interested in the outcome...

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If anyone has a hot lead on some cheap 1/4" plex let me know. IM searching high and low for some. Dont get me wrong Im going to buy it regardless but if I can save a few bucks I will be happy. Just need to find something in 4'X8' under $62 a sheet.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts