My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my X320 this weekend and noticed a bit of dirt, grime stuck on the rear and side of the tranny. I was in a hurry to get mowing and to top it off, one of the kids lost my nozzle for my garden hose, so I was just at the point where I wanted to get my work done and then chill.

I noticed there was no oil leaking and there is no spots in my garage on the floor. There is a small rubber cap on the top of the tranny, but I did not investigate too much.

I will look closer tonight and try to see if there are any apparent leaks, but just wanted to get some input and possible experience before I get nervous that I have a problem.

The tractor still performs well and there seems to be no change in power.
Thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
I don't know if it is anything to worry about but it could be oil came out of the expansion vent at some point. Do you have a hill you get on that could slosh the oil up to that point? Could be you got a little to hot too. Mostly guessing here.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
It has a vent, so some oil vapor could escape. Every hydro I've ever seen has some dust stuck to it as a result. No biggie unless you see honest leaking oil on the floor.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
It has a vent, so some oil vapor could escape. Every hydro I've ever seen has some dust stuck to it as a result. No biggie unless you see honest leaking oil on the floor.
I agree with Engine Tech.
They all accumulate dust and grime on the tranny from regular use and if it's not enough to leak on the floor, it is nothing to worry about.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
It's call "sweating" and it is normal because the K58 don't have an big expansion chamber when the oil heat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts