My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 x320 48" deck with 100 hours and power flo bagger

The guy has a 1999 445 with 950 hours power flo system w/ dump cart (MC519) 54" deck and said it has the cam upgrade from the dealer (plastic to metal). He is looking for an even swap. He says the tractor is too big for what he needs.

don't know if this is a good swap. I got a great deal on my x320 ($3K a month ago), but would like to get a 400 series JD tractor for more versatility.

I have a 16 car driveway that I would like to snowblow or get a loader and a3/4 lot for mowing with some hills.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Sounds like a great deal to me. The 445 is a LOT more tractor! 950 hours is very low too.

MU

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
I don't think you would be hurt.

·
Super Moderator
16,356 Posts
Yes a 445 would be a fair trade for your X320 Getting a fully loader swiss army knife over a a standard swiss army knife. I had a JD 425 prior to buying a X485 and it was a Great tractor and a Great loader and tiller platform. You will enjoy the versitility of that tractor. :thThumbsU

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
The guy has a 1999 445 with 950 hours power flo system w/ dump cart (MC519) 54" deck and said it has the cam upgrade from the dealer (plastic to metal). He is looking for an even swap. He says the tractor is too big for what he needs.don't know if this is a good swap.
Hi crashbike310 , first off :Welcome1:

I used to own a 1999 JD 445 and I believe that cam issue was addressed on
earlier years maybe 1997 ...

I have a couple questions ;
1.) Do you know this guy ???
2.) Have you seen the Tractor (condition) ???
3.) Is he the original owner ??? If he is , why did it take him 950 hrs. to
realize it's to big for his needs ???
4.) Does he have it's maintenance history ??? Example , Cam upgrade from
Dealer ...

If it all sounds good to you , than it is a good deal ...

Later,x595

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
x595

1.) Do you know this guy ???
No

2.) Have you seen the Tractor (condition) ???
Only Pics

3.) Is he the original owner ??? If he is , why did it take him 950 hrs. to
realize it's to big for his needs ???
Unknown only spoke via email

4.) Does he have it's maintenance history ??? Example , Cam upgrade from
Dealer ... Don't know

Just wanted to get a feel from the kind folks here if it was worth persuing/ looking into. it's more machine, but 9 years older.

Looking also for input to convince wife that this is a good move

·
Joe
8 Posts
Hey Crashbike310,
I just traded up from a 345 with 1134 hours to a 1998 445 with 293 hours (like new condition) I am very happy. This is what I have wanted for a long time. If the 445 you are looking at is in really good shape and the seller is being honest, I would go for it. I love mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts