My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 x320 48" deck with 100 hours and power flo bagger

The guy has a 1999 445 with 950 hours power flo system w/ dump cart (MC519) 54" deck and said it has the cam upgrade from the dealer (plastic to metal). He is looking for an even swap. He says the tractor is too big for what he needs.

don't know if this is a good swap. I got a great deal on my x320 ($3K a month ago), but would like to get a 400 series JD tractor for more versatility.

I have a 16 car driveway that I would like to snowblow or get a loader and a3/4 lot for mowing with some hills.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry meant to put this under lawn and garden tractor forum. My Bad

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Crashbike, welcome to the forum. I just "reported" your post and asked for it to be moved. You can do the same by clicking the little triangle.

Anyway, to address your question:
If the 445 is in good shape, you should probably jump on the deal before the guy sobers up.

But, a 54" and 48" deck aren't terribly different. A lot of the 445s came with a 60" deck which is a bit big in many suburban yards.

He's willing to trade a rig he could easily sell for $3500-4500 for a $3K rig. I'm a bit of a cynic, so I have to ask why he seems to like you so well?

Of course if the 445 is in decent shape, here's your opportunity. Deals like these don't come around often.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Fist question, who is "the guy". Neighbor, friend of a friend, coworker? Total stranger? Maybe he just doesn't want to go throught the hassle of listing it and having all kind of strangers stopping by his house. I have a friend who won't list anything, sells it all by word of mouth and usually takes a lickin. And yes, I have gained from his losses, he insisted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts