My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is my dilemma....I like the X310 and X360 because of the power steering and lift plus the serviceable transmission, but I really can't see spending an extra $1800 for the 360 over the 310. Now the dilemma, should I just go with the x320? I really don't need the power lift or steering after seeing how easy the snowblower lifts on the 320. I will be using it for snowblowing and mowing my 3/4 of lawn. Opinions?

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
The pwr lift would be real nice to have with the blower. The X310 I think is a heck of a buy. I think with the rebate they have right now you can get one for about 3500.00 which for a new tractor with pwr steering and pwr lift and a K58 trans is a good deal.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Here is my 2 cents. I looked long and hard since last Oct. 2010 I was lurking and asking questions. I settled on the X320 because of the 48" deck. I am 50 years old and allot of stuff I do in the garage ;like all of us, I do by myself. I did know that the X360 had a serviceable tranny but at that point I would have gone to a X500.When the warranty expires I will take it out and change the oil. I also have a few links on how to drill drain plugs in the bottom of the tranny. I also am slowly buying the reservoir and parts for a X360 so it would be easier to add oil. I don't find it a problem without power steering or power lift. The spring assist is more than an able to lift the mower deck.I don't plan on plowing or using a blower. I have a walk behind.
The X310 is nice for the bells and whistles but the ease of the 48" deck takeoff makes up for the extra power. The 48" decks wheels turn 90 degrees and you can roll it out by yourself.
Hopes this helps

·
Super Moderator
16,690 Posts
So here is my dilemma....I like the X310 and X360 because of the power steering and lift plus the serviceable transmission, but I really can't see spending an extra $1800 for the 360 over the 310. Now the dilemma, should I just go with the x320? I really don't need the power lift or steering after seeing how easy the snowblower lifts on the 320. I will be using it for snowblowing and mowing my 3/4 of lawn. Opinions?
Well with the Hydraulic lift You can Make More adjustments to front Mounted attachments easier than a spring assist Lift But that said Deere does Make a electric lift Kit for the front Blade and snow Blower for the Manual spring assisted Models which can do the same Job as Hydraulics only slower on response Time.

On this forum I have only seen one Member to actually have problems with the sealed K58 which is used Currently on the X324 & X320. Power steering is Nice though when You have heavy attachments hanging off the front of your tractor such as a snow blower But Most of the Past Deere lawn tractors always had manual steer and Performed fine with a Blower on the front If You want ease of steering and ease of lift go with the X310 If You don’t You’ll be Just fine with a X320 and if You want a little Extra Help lifting the Blower You can always Get the electric lift Kit :thThumbsU

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
A friend of mine has an X360 and it's a great tractor for him. I got to drive it for a while and I like it also. Very comfortable and ergonomically well designed. slkpk

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
You will be very happy with any of the three, but IMO the best bang for the buck is the X320. The 16" turning radius with a 48" deck makes mowing around objects a breeze. The 22" rear tires offer a smoother ride than the 20". To me, the difference in motors is minimal. Transaxles rarely need servicing unless they`re being used hard. And if you`re using the tractor THAT hard, you should have an X500 under you.

Good luck with your decision, but the bottom line is that ANY new JD underneath you is a wonderful thing.:thThumbsU :trink40:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help. I think I am leaning towards the 310 for the simple fact that my current cub cadet 2155 is only a 42" deck and it fits perfectly in my shed with all the other "stuff". I am afraid that if I get the 48" deck, then the powerflow blower I will be squeezing everything in. Plus, call me crazy, the power flow bagger is kind of turning me off. I think I really want the hyrdraulic lift and power steering so my wife can use it as well.

·
Super Moderator
16,690 Posts
Thanks for the help. I think I am leaning towards the 310 for the simple fact that my current cub cadet 2155 is only a 42" deck and it fits perfectly in my shed with all the other "stuff". I am afraid that if I get the 48" deck, then the powerflow blower I will be squeezing everything in. Plus, call me crazy, the power flow bagger is kind of turning me off. I think I really want the hyrdraulic lift and power steering so my wife can use it as well.
You can get a X320 with a 42inch deck if You want You don't Have to get it with a 48inch and You can use a regular Bagger with the X320 as well if You Got it with a 42inch deck. So If You still want a X320 Keep that in Mind. But If It were Me I would Go with the X310:thThumbsU

·
Registered
826 Posts
Two things to take into consideration are do you have any decent slopes/hills where you will mow and is your driveway flat or does it slope?

If everything is flat, then there really is no need to go bigger/beefier engine or tranny. If you'll be mowing on a hill or you're moving snow in a driveway with any slope, then you may want to go bigger. Oh, and the spring assist for the blower is pretty easy if you go the x320 route. JD also makes an electric lift you can always put on after the fact.

Just my 2 cents. I started looking at a x320 and wound up with a x530. These guys here have incredible knowledge and expertise. They also know how to spend your $$:banghead3.

If you buy green and yellow, you'll be fine. Good luck1 :fing32:

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
Just my 2 cents. I started looking at a x320 and wound up with a x530. These guys here have incredible knowledge and expertise. They also know how to spend your $$:banghead3.

If you buy green and yellow, you'll be fine. Good luck1 :fing32:
You know you love your X530 and would be a tad disappointed with the X320:trink40:

·
Another Day in Paradis...
1,862 Posts
You will be very happy with any of the three, but IMO the best bang for the buck is the X320. The 16" turning radius with a 48" deck makes mowing around objects a breeze. The 22" rear tires offer a smoother ride than the 20". To me, the difference in motors is minimal. Transaxles rarely need servicing unless they`re being used hard. And if you`re using the tractor THAT hard, you should have an X500 under you.

Good luck with your decision, but the bottom line is that ANY new JD underneath you is a wonderful thing.:thThumbsU :trink40:
:ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto:
I'm very happy with my X320. It's my first real lawn tractor, so I can't compare it to anything, but it FEELS like power steering to me - especially after I added a spinner knob last spring. With the spring assist, both the deck and the 44" front blade are nearly effortless to raise, and I closing in on the double-nickel (almost 55 years old). If I ever develop foot/knee/leg/hip problems on my left side, I know I can always add a power lift kit.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Have you taken the three of them for a little spin at the dealership? Who knows, that may be all you need in making your decision. :Tractor2:

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Have you taken the three of them for a little spin at the dealership? Who knows, that may be all you need in making your decision. :Tractor2:
Good point ! I always say to do this, and should be easy enough to do in NH.
Are you Southern, Central or Northern NH.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You know you love your X530 and would be a tad disappointed with the X320:trink40:
I would have been. I LOVE my x530. I'm glad I asked around before I bought a smaller machine.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi f700,
I have the X324 and I think it is a great tractor. With the aws (non power steering) I think is steers a lot easier than my L110 did and I thought that the L110 steered pretty easily. John Deere picks it up Monday to install all of the winter gear. When I get it back I'll let you know how the electric lift assist works.The electric lift assist runs under $400 but my Local JD dealer gave me a pretty good package deal so I paid a lot less than that. Maybe when your ready to buy you could try the "package deal" offer. Just tell your local deal everything you want to get and see what they offer for a total price and don't be afraid to "price shop" other dealers. This is what I did and I found the dealers I contacted to be very nice and very helpful. I did let them know that I was price shopping and never used one dealers price against the others. In the end I went with my local dealer who offered a great package price which was not the best price but is a dealer I like working with.These X series come with pretty good warranties so I wouldn't be to concerned about the tranny to much. Hope this helps you out.
Todd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts