My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was dethatching w my tractor and now all of a sudden when you are driving the tractor it keeps bogging down like its sputtering. Can't figure out what it is. It has gas but I did leave the gas cap off accidentally last ride. It has 50 hours. Just want to make sure its not tranny.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
I was dethatching w my tractor and now all of a sudden when you are driving the tractor it keeps bogging down like its sputtering. Can't figure out what it is. It has gas but I did leave the gas cap off accidentally last ride. It has 50 hours. Just want to make sure its not tranny.
Try the fuel filter when you had the cap off it could have gotten a piece of crap in there and the fuel filteris pluged. I had the trans go out in my X300 and it did not have any effect on how the motor ran. Should be a quick fix I,m sure you know but the filter is on the right side of the machine kind of next to the battery tray. If you don't have one or can't get one this weekend you could take it off and try to blow it out. Hope it works!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
If I was you I would get a bunch of fuel filters, because it might take a while to get all the crap out of the tank.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try filter. I cut half the lawn n realized the fuel cap was off. I will cut back 2morro n update you. It's not a huge sputtering but enough that I can hear n notice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What about Vapor Lock? A few times this year while mowing my 300 sputtered and almost died I reached back and loosened the gas cap and was good to go. I do not know if this cap is a vented cap or not but could be a possible cause.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: x300problem UPDATE

What about Vapor Lock? A few times this year while mowing my 300 sputtered and almost died I reached back and loosened the gas cap and was good to go. I do not know if this cap is a vented cap or not but could be a possible cause.
Well like I said, I left the cap off for awhile when mowing and perhaps some debris got in or some air issue. Last two mowings I have not had a problem with it. THANK GOD. Thanks for your help.
I will continue to monitor, especially since it is under warranty!:thanku:

·
Registered
40 Posts
When my one ignition coil went bad, the engine sputtered and didn't have enough power to drive up a hill with the blades disengaged. Also, the exhaust on that side of the engine was much cooler than the other side.

With 50 hours, why not have the dealer troubleshoot and fix? I can't imagine enough debris got into the gas in that short a time.

·
Registered
848 Posts
When my one ignition coil went bad, the engine sputtered and didn't have enough power to drive up a hill with the blades disengaged. Also, the exhaust on that side of the engine was much cooler than the other side.

With 50 hours, why not have the dealer troubleshoot and fix? I can't imagine enough debris got into the gas in that short a time.
He may not have a way to get it to the dealership free. The dealers around here charge $30 to pick up and drop off.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It acted up again. compression doesn't sound right. I called Deere and they picked it up 2 hours later

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
It acted up again. compression doesn't sound right. I called Deere and they picked it up 2 hours later
Hopefully it is something simple (and covered by warranty) and you will have it back soon. :praying:

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,414 Posts
50 hours seems new enough that it's still under warranty... Probably some junk got in through the open fuel or it's an electrical issue? Should be Deere's problem, except being without your tractor is the real problem! :crybaby:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So heres the deal!
I called Deere, they picked it up yesterday morning.
They drop it off today with a bill that says "we cant duplicate the problem".and a bill for $109. I call them and they charged 78$ for pick up, 28$ for labor and a few dollars for the gallon of gas they put in the tractor. I called them up and they said they drove it around and let it run with no issues.
Note to self, drop the tractor off your self and DIY.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
So heres the deal!
I called Deere, they picked it up yesterday morning.
They drop it off today with a bill that says "we cant duplicate the problem".and a bill for $109. I call them and they charged 78$ for pick up, 28$ for labor and a few dollars for the gallon of gas they put in the tractor. I called them up and they said they drove it around and let it run with no issues.
Note to self, drop the tractor off your self and DIY.
:sorry1: for you, I hate when they do that. :Disgus:

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,414 Posts
:ditto: Sorry to hear that! I'm guessing the problem won't reoccur until the next time that you mow...

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
That is disappointing. Hopefully the problem magically will disappear (ie. they did something for the $109 they charged you).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts