My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'd love to be able to do the same thing, and on an x534, but not sure that its possible.

·
x534 Owner
43 Posts
I have been thinking about how this might work. The trick is not to change the geometry of of the front mower bracket. I am picturing something like half a door hinge with the pin pulled out. The large pin that holds the front lift bracket would act as the new hinge pin with flat part of the hinge hanging down. You would need two of these hinge style brackets one for each side to take the place of the existing front mower bracket that fits in the same whole as the front hitch lift pin. On the flat part of the hinge there would be a hole where the threaded ends of the front mower bracket would slip thru and be tightened up. I need to come with a picture and some dimensions and see if I can get someone to fabricate it. Not sure if this description makes sense but the picture I have of it in my mind does :).

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have been thinking about how this might work. The trick is not to change the geometry of of the front mower bracket. I am picturing something like half a door hinge with the pin pulled out. The large pin that holds the front lift bracket would act as the new hinge pin with flat part of the hinge hanging down. You would need two of these hinge style brackets one for each side to take the place of the existing front mower bracket that fits in the same whole as the front hitch lift pin. On the flat part of the hinge there would be a hole where the threaded ends of the front mower bracket would slip thru and be tightened up. I need to come with a picture and some dimensions and see if I can get someone to fabricate it. Not sure if this description makes sense but the picture I have of it in my mind does :).
You guys make me wish I had an X5xx!
I've designed a lot of products from just photo's but nothing compares to the real thing.
I would be more than happy to help, so looking forward to hearing more about this problem.
Doug

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered one for my x534 it arrived in just a few days. The bracket is very well built and the fit, finish and welding is top notch. The only downside to this approach is the mower deck has to be removed to attach the front hitch lift bracket. This is not really a problem as it only takes a few minutes to remove and install the mower deck. With all the smart folks on this forum does anyone have an idea on how to use both the mower deck and front hitch lift bracket? I realize they will both go up and down together but that wouldn't be a problem using the dethatcher.
I know this is an old thread but I am planning on purchasing an x584 with blower and would like to get this mount and the thatcher. I have an idea for attaching the deck and the front mount at the same time but I don’t have the tractor yet to test my idea. So here it is and maybe someone on here can give it a go or at least tell me if it is a no go.

Rather than use the spring clip to retain the trunnions (the thingies that attach the mower front ubolt) in the tractor frame, drill a hole in the shaft part of the trunnions, tap the hole, and then use a bolt and a large washer to retain the trunnions in the frame. From the pics and videos I have seen, it looks like there is enough length on the trunnion shafts to go through the front mount frame and the tractor frame and then the bolt would stop it from popping out. If it is not long enough, a bushing with the same O.D. as the trunnion shaft could be used. This would have both attached at the factory mount point and not change the geometry of either lift and allow both to lifted/lowered with the hydraulic lift.

Thoughts?

jeeter

·
Registered
298 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I am planning on purchasing an x584 with blower and would like to get this mount and the thatcher. I have an idea for attaching the deck and the front mount at the same time but I don’t have the tractor yet to test my idea. So here it is and maybe someone on here can give it a go or at least tell me if it is a no go.

Rather than use the spring clip to retain the trunnions (the thingies that attach the mower front ubolt) in the tractor frame, drill a hole in the shaft part of the trunnions, tap the hole, and then use a bolt and a large washer to retain the trunnions in the frame. From the pics and videos I have seen, it looks like there is enough length on the trunnion shafts to go through the front mount frame and the tractor frame and then the bolt would stop it from popping out. If it is not long enough, a bushing with the same O.D. as the trunnion shaft could be used. This would have both attached at the factory mount point and not change the geometry of either lift and allow both to lifted/lowered with the hydraulic lift.

Thoughts?

jeeter
Hi jeeter, wish I could help with that problem, but no X here.
I can help with the Mount. I have 2 in stock just not listed on Ebay, some Buyers fail to read the descriptions and purchase the wrong one.
PM me or send me a message on ebay.
Doug

21 - 26 of 26 Posts