My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
other than 5 more HP and a 48" deck is there any other differences between these two? Is it really worth the extra $1000?

thanks

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
other than 5 more HP and a 48" deck is there any other differences between these two? Is it really worth the extra $1000?

thanks
I think it has a better transmission too. K58 rather than a K46. K46 is the same as in the LA Series. The K58 is a nice upgrade.

·
Registered
641 Posts

thanks
Having just upgraded from the X300 to the X320 - one word - YES. The engine runs smoother then its 17HP little brother (why I don't know). The X320 has appreciably bigger wheels and tires (makes a big differance for irregular terrain, dips, and traction). Most importantly, the X320 has a heavy duty lawn tractor transmission (K58) vs. the regular duty transmission in the X300 (K46).

You can also get the dealer to put on a 42" deck instead of the 48. Will save you 200 bucks if you go w/ the standard 42 or 100 for the 42 mulcher.

The bigger engine, tires/wheels, and tranny are you 1000 bucks.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Having just upgraded from the X300 to the X320 - one word - YES. The engine runs smoother then its 17HP little brother (why I don't know).
Is it a Vtwin the 17 horse?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, one big thing i noticed was the adjustable wheels on the deck on the 48" which seems would help with scalping on irregular terrain.

Has anyone used the 30 days the JD says you can exchange for a different tractor?

·
Registered
921 Posts
thanks guys, one big thing i noticed was the adjustable wheels on the deck on the 48" which seems would help with scalping on irregular terrain.

Has anyone used the 30 days the JD says you can exchange for a different tractor?
Jopopsy did with an X300 going up to the X320.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jopopsy did with an X300 going up to the X320.

Got a letter from my dealer, saying if i am not very satisfied let them know and they will make it right, so sounds like no problem.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Is it a Vtwin the 17 horse?
The X3xx series all have V-twins. The X300 and 304 have the 17 variety, the others have the 22.

·
Registered
641 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I did. Was no hassle at all - they were happy to do it.
I stopped by my JD dealer this morning, said no problem, he just has to figure out how to do it. Even got a 320 out for me to play with, it is definitely much more tractor, rear tire size is very noticeable. The 4 adjustable dolly wheels on the deck are very nice. He said he will call Monday morning.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I stopped by my JD dealer this morning, said no problem, he just has to figure out how to do it. Even got a 320 out for me to play with, it is definitely much more tractor, rear tire size is very noticeable. The 4 adjustable dolly wheels on the deck are very nice. He said he will call Monday morning.
Good deal. Keep us posted, especially on what you perceive as diff't between the two after you've cut with it once or twice.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are delivering the 320 on Wednesday morning, will let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
641 Posts
$3799 for me if I wanted to keep the standard deck. I know some dealers will not come down from MSRP at all - my particular dealer is rather large so it probably isn't as big a deal as a smaller Deere dealer.

·
Registered
812 Posts
just looking at 320 today. does $4099 sound about right?
My x320 was $3650.00 plus FREE 1st oil change AND one spring service included. This includes oil change, blade sharpening, deck leveling, belt check, new fuel filter and air filter. $275 value they said but of course that is including labor charge. That with 4 year warranty and 12 month no payments I feel like I got a great deal. I even insisted on an 09 model when they had 08s in stock. Surprisingly enough, he sells alot of agricultural equipment and just bought out a nearby dealership. Best yet, he is 3 miles from my house.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts