My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer is over and it's time to start thinking about getting a blade to clear snow off the driveway this winter. I still have my trusty piece of plywood that served me well last year, but I think it's time to retire it and get a real snow plow. I was looking at the John Deere web site and had some question about the blade. Perhaps one someone can enlighten me. There is a lift assist kit for the snow blower, does anyone know if this is also required for the 44 inch blade? If not how do you raise and lower the blade? As for the rear weights, I was wondering if a double bucket holder (with 2 bucketed fill with salt) would be better rear weight than 2 metal weights.

Any thoughts?

·
Way Out Here
162 Posts
i have the 44" blade for the x320. they are great and really easy to use and attach. it does take some trial runs to get it adjusted to your expectations. other than that they work great

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much hardware is on the back side of the blade? How far does it stick out? Is this something I can reasonably expect to put into my car trunk with the back seats folded down, or is this something I'm going to have to get JD to deliver?

·
Registered
317 Posts
How much hardware is on the back side of the blade? How far does it stick out? Is this something I can reasonably expect to put into my car trunk with the back seats folded down, or is this something I'm going to have to get JD to deliver?
If you have a mid to full size car you should be OK,(get a friend to help,blade is heavy) my 48" came in 3 boxes and I think I could have gotten in my Malibu with a little work. As far as the lift assist they are not that pricey and I would think it would be a little easier on your left leg. Should be a hole in the right side of the front bumper to connect the spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts