My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3PH & attachments on an X585. I am lookiing for a type of quick hitch where I can back into the pins of the attachment and it's hooked up. I am tired of fighting the regular 3PH. Does Deere make anything like this? Thanks, slkpk

·
9K+ Poster
12,161 Posts
Deere has the i-match system. Not sure if it works on a cat-0 hitch though; if not, there are several other quick hitch systems out there.

Cheers

JDFANATIC
JD2210

·
Registered
110 Posts
John Deere has the alpha hitch. You would need to buy one tractor side hitch, and then the adapter for each implement you plan to use with your tractor. I've only seen one on a dealers lot, it was used. Not sure how well they work, but it looks like a novel idea. Deere also has the I-match system, but I'm not sure if that works on the X-Series. It may be too heavy and combersome to work on the small tractors.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I finally decided on a quick hitch from Work Saver. This thing is the ticket I've been looking for. No more fighting the 3PH arms trying to get different attachments hooked up and wrestling the attachments. Just back into the attachment and raise the 3ph and everything locks into place. Top link is adjustable since all 3PH are not made the same height.

Attachments

·
9K+ Poster
12,161 Posts
slkpk,

That looks identical to the Deere iMatch. Work Saver probably makes it for Deere.

Cheers

JDFANATIC

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is suppose to handle up to 50hp. This was cheaper than the I-match and the Alpha hitch. The I -match the Deere dealer had did not have the adjustable top link which really surprised me. I had to order this through my dealer but was able to pick it up and save shipping. Weighs 76 lbs so this will help give me a little added traction and down pressure on the implements. slkpk

·
dirtgeezer
1,441 Posts
Have any of you bought and used the cat 1 quick hitch from Harbor Freight , it is on sale for $69

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Looks identical to slkpk's quick hitch - even seems to have a few adjustments on the top link position. Good price too

·
Registered
87 Posts
Have any of you bought and used the cat 1 quick hitch from Harbor Freight , it is on sale for $69
I don't think that the HF QH is compatible with some of the woods 3ph attachments. I carried one out the door and could not get it to mate with my box blade. I measured the width and it is not the same as the published standards or the I-Match.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are differences in the quick hitches other than price. After looking at several different types I decided to go with Work Saver and so far it works very well with the Frontier Box blade, Agrifab disc & landscape rake that I have. The work Saver is the only Quick Hitch that I know with 2 different adjustable top hooks. Thats why it will work with other attachments from different companys. If you have a Landpride QH it will only work with Landpride attachments in most cases. I-Match will in most cases only work with Frontier & Deere attachments. slkpk

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I have the Harbor Freight hitch and had to trim about half an inch off the bottom hooks for the tiller, had to modify the bottom points on the disc, the landpride pulv. is a tight fit but works. Seems all the quick hitches are different and will find implements that will not fit without modifications.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Good to know. Just put a 3-pt on my X485 and will be getting a box blade in the Spring. It won't be the JD version - don't need anything that heavy duty. Once I have the BB, I'll see how big a PTIA it is to hook up. May look into a quick hitch at that point.

The worksaver looks nice but the closeset dealer to me is a about 75 miles and one state away. Anyone know what they go for cost wise?

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I remember right I gave around $250 for it. It's wasn't cheap but I will never need to buy another. slkpk

·
Registered
87 Posts
I use my I-Match with a 2"x2" 3pt receiver hitch, a frontier rear blade and a woods box blade. I believe that woods makes the majority of frontier branded items. Yes the I-Match is way over priced, however, once you use the QH, you can never live without it. Just backup, slide in, and go. No rubber hammering, no bad language, and no adjustments. I would have gotten a Worksaver, if I could have verified that it would work with Woods products which are discounted more than frontier.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The I-match is one attachment I absolutely won't be without. In fact, if it doesn't fit the I-match, I don't buy it. I don't plan on ever taking mine off. That's why I bought this hitch bar for a lot of uses. It looks like most of your attachments are JD/Frontier so you should have no problems. Most new model attachments have both regular 3 pt attachment bars & I-match compatible attachment bars as the mfgs recognize if they don't make them I-match compatible, they'll lose a lot of business from JD owners who use the I-match.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My QH also stays on all of the time. slkpk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts